Suggestion to Board Moderators

dougi

When you feel it necessary to personally reprimand or admonish a poster, please do it privately in an email, a PM, or over the phone.

The quickest way to insure that this forum will turn bitter and discourteous is for moderators to scold board members in front of all other board members. This is a major NO No when dealing with people.

Thanks for your consideration,

Doug

When you feel it necessary to personally reprimand or admonish a poster, please do it privately in an email, a PM, or over the phone.

The quickest way to insure that
this forum will turn bitter and discourteous
is for moderators to scold board members in front of all other board members. This is a major NO No when dealing with people.

Doug

As a forum member here "Please do not speak for me" . If in your above post you were referring to yourself.... well then I may understand.

Moderation of this forum is anything but oppressive and i don't think members are going to rally with you under the banner of "The Downtrodden" . Even the biggest of egos here seem able to be the friendliest and most helpful of any of the forums I frequent, aaah ...such a breath of fresh air! I for one would certainly be disappointed if things went the way you suggested they might. Hoping all will be able to offer each other a handshake of reconciliation on this forum when disagreements arise I wish you all long sunny days and happy travels. -Wayne

• Like 1

I have refrained from posting here as I am a Casita not an Oliver owner. I joined this site to learn from other fiberglass rv owners because we share a lot in common. I posted a private message to the moderators but will now take a public stance due to your increasingly aggressive behavior.

Your post about weight to this forum, in my opinion was not appropriate, you should have been dealing with the Oliver manufacturer and allowing them the time to resolve your personal issue instead of trying to force them to answer on this forum.

It is not Oliver's responsibility to determine what tow vehicle you have, plan to have, want to purchase or don't want to purchase. That is your responsibility just as it has been the responsibility of all of the rest of us.

If Oliver or any other manufacturer post a base price and you start adding extras but do not have the intelligence to realize that extras are just that and extras add "extra" weight, that is not the responsibility of Oliver.

Please check your ego at the door. You are not asking questions, in my opinion, to get answers but to show others on the forum how "smart" you are. I find your aggressive behavior offensive.

I have refrained from posting here as I am a Casita not an Oliver owner. I joined this site to learn from other fiberglass rv owners because we share a lot in common. I posted a private message to the moderators but will now take a public stance due to your increasingly aggressive behavior.

(1) Your post about weight to this forum, in my opinion was not appropriate, you should have been dealing with the Oliver manufacturer and allowing them the time to resolve your personal issue instead of trying to force them to answer on this forum.

(2) It is not Oliver's responsibility to determine what tow vehicle you have, plan to have, want to purchase or don't want to purchase. That is your responsibility just as it has been the responsibility of all of the rest of us.

(3) If Oliver or any other manufacturer post a base price and you start adding extras but do not have the intelligence to realize that extras are just that and extras add "extra" weight, that is not the responsibility of Oliver.

(4) Please check your ego at the door. You are not asking questions, in my opinion, to get answers but to show others on the forum how "smart" you are. I find your aggressive behavior offensive.

Wow, where to start? First, thanks for posting your opinions of my intentions (to show how smart I am). I'll refrain form posting my opinions of your intentions because I don't know you well enough to have any such opinions, I don't even know you.

However, I will respond to your charges by the number:

(1) I WAS dealing with the Factory when I found out about the extra weight of the base Oliver. You can argue that i should have kept that information to myself instead of sharing it with the board, but you can't legitimately claim I was not dealing with the factory, because I was. Actually, in and earlier and different thread, I was asked specifically by at least one other board member to keep the board posted as to what I found out from the factory about the extra weight! I am guilty of honoring that request.

(2) I couldn't agree with you more. However, I feel that Oliver (or any other trailer manufacturer) has an to be of some valued assistance to their customers in helping them determine if their chosen tow vehicle is adequate to tow the trailers they build. Please notice I said "opportunity," not "responsibility."

(3) Oliver fully understands there is a problem with the Oliver "specifications" in their web site. They know that the base weight of the Oliver is not as it is stated at 2,400 pounds and that the tongue weight is not 240 pounds as it is stated. IMO, that is an honest mistake, due to a shortage of time, on Oliver's part and they are working toward correcting this inaccurate information. They are doing that on their own time schedule, and I have neither said nor suggested that they have to do it on my time schedule, or on any time schedule. They can take as long as they wish as far as I am concerned. That is their decision as to when and if to correct that information.

(4) I'm sorry you take offense at my posts, don't like me, and assume you know my intentions. I think it's obvious you couldn't possibly know my intentions, just as I could not possibly know yours. Maybe if you met me and got to know me you would feel differently. I'd like to think you would.

Peace be with you,

Doug

The quickest way to insure that
this forum will turn bitter and discourteous
is for moderators to scold board members in front of all other board members. This is a major NO No when dealing with people.

Doug

As a forum member here "Please do not speak for me" . If in your above post you were referring to yourself.... well then I may understand.

Moderation of this forum is anything but oppressive and i don't think members are going to rally with you under the banner of "The Downtrodden" . Even the biggest of egos here seem able to be the friendliest and most helpful of any of the forums I frequent, aaah ...such a breath of fresh air! I for one would certainly be disappointed if things went the way you suggested they might. Hoping all will be able to offer each other a handshake of reconciliation on this forum when disagreements arise I wish you all long sunny days and happy travels. -Wayne

Wayne, I can assure you that I was speaking for no one but myself when I made this suggestion to the moderators. If you think it is a poor suggestion, I encourage you to make an alternate suggestion.

If you want other Board members scolding you in front of all the other Board members, you can make that sentiment known.

IMO, none of this is about me, about you, or about anyone. It's not personal and I see no relationships that have been torn to the point where any "reconciliation" is called for. I think it's about the Oliver Forum and Oliver Travel Trailers.

I think that the Oliver Forum is terrific, and that all the board members are terrific. I think the Oliver Travel Trailer Company is terrific. I think the Oliver travel Trailers are terrific.

The only think I think that needs some attention is that we don't have to take everything personally, get upset with others, dislike others because we suspect they have misplaced intentions or inflated ego's, or whatever. We all have the ability to assume that people are well intentioned and are nice individuals, until it becomes painfully obvious, through direct personal contact with them, that they are not. We are not yet doing that on this forum, but I see no reason we can't, and I see no reason we shouldn't.

Thanks,

Doug