Rainy Days and Mondays

SeaDawg

• Moderators

No, rainy days and Mondays don't always get me down. The grass is greener today after the long night's rain, and it's great sleeping weather. But what do you do on a day like today when it rains all day....

I cleaned the camper, had coffee under the awning (kind of damp, but doable!), made some log entries, came to town to hang out with my new friends at the wifi cafe!

Paul put on his rain gear and took a couple rides on the ATV in the rain... then drove into Asheville to get the oil changed in the truck...

Don't know if it'll be BBQ weather tonite, or not, but we do need the rain everywhere in the south... The rain here actually has everybody smiling!

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

I know that the rain has some folks in Georgis smiling also. The drought has been so bad for a few years there. And there is another hurricane in the gulf ! More rain yet ? Boy, what an August this has been.

Sherry, sitting under the awning in a gentle downpour is quite pleasing. Almost as fine as being ten years old with your favorite hound dog, napping togather on a musty old couch, out on the porch, at deer camp, while the rain falls on the cabin's tin roof.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Our very unofficial, amateur rain guage (a straight sided coffee cup set on the tongue of the Oliver), collected roughly seven inches of rain in the last three days.... Most of it Monday night thru Wednesday am.... A lot of people are smiling... Even the trees seem to be laughing as they shake a few leftover drops onto base camp once in awhile... Everything seems green and bright today with the sunshine...

Sherry,

Keeping an eye on Gustav and Hanna...

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.