Kathryn and Chad in Upstate South Carolina

ScentFreeInSC

Hi!  We’ve just placed a deposit for an Elite II, with June production and September pickup (we didn’t want to pick up in the middle of the summer!).  While we both love to travel and did a little tent camping as kids, this whole trailer thing is new to us and we’re pretty darn nervous, so we’re hoping you all will be patient with our many questions to come.

We found our way to the Ollie because I have medical issues that have made it harder and harder to stay in hotel rooms (fragrances, smoke, chemicals), especially since I have to bring and prepare all of my own foods.  A trailer seemed like it might allow us the most freedom.  We have done a lot of research and after seeing our first stick-built trailers in person, realized they would not work for us.  The Ollie seems to be the most benign of the trailers available out there, with great quality and hopefully fewer maintenance issues.  (Thanks to Paul C. who gave us a tour of his while we were doing our research!)

I’ll start a new thread over in Tow Vehicles, as that is where we’re stuck right now.  We don’t have a tow vehicle and can’t find the right one for us.

We really look forward to joining you all here on the forum and hopefully at future rallies!

-Kathryn & Chad (my silent partner)

• Thanks 1

LEII Hull #517    |   Lincoln Navigator Reserve with Heavy Duty Trailer Tow Package and owner installed OEM rear "splash guards" (aka mud flaps)  - "The Beast"

visited-united-states-map.jpg

Best of luck to you. I don't have mine yet (it should be ready in late February), but I bet you're going to love it. I don't think there is a better trailer out there, not even Airstreams. I'm with you on hotel rooms, something about them makes my allergies kick up every time.

Weicome to the Forum. My wife and I just picked up our LEll this past September 10th and we love it. We have been camping for over 40 years in every conceivable type of camper and we were looking for a high quality, molded fiberglass camper that would hold its value and meet our needs for "all seasons" camping. This forum is a great place to learn, ask questions and share information. We also live in South Carolina (in North Augusta) and we would be happy to share any info with you to help you as you await your pick up day. Good luck and we will hope to see y'all on the road.

Tom and Marie Martin

• Moderators

Welcome to the Oliver family! Our Oliver is our first RV too and after 3 years we couldn’t be happier. There are lots of smart folks on the forum to answer questions, so ask away. If you can attend the rally, even before your trailer is ready, you’ll meet some great owners and learn a lot. Looking forward to meeting you. Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Kathryn & Chad -

As I recall, you two are just down the mountain from us.  This is great news and I'm happy for you.  In the past there have been a number of threads concerning allergies and ways to reduce or limit things that cause them.  Have fun over the winter looking for them.  And, as Mike says, ask away.

A nice September/October cruise with your new Ollie down the Natchez Trace would be a wonderful way to get acquainted.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Welcome! My wife and I picked our Ollie up in October. Aside from the complimentary night in Hohenwald, we’ve only been out one weekend so far and really enjoyed it. And we got a passing compliment from an Airstream owner walking by who pointed out the hull construction.

Interesting that you bought a trailer because of hotel issues. Ours wasn’t so much about allergies as it was cleanliness. We got tired of finding hair and stains in our supposedly clean sheets (and these were not cheap, fleabag motels either). We’re not germaphobes, but is a clean set of sheets too much to ask for? Plus it’s a lot more convenient to take our dogs with us.

We really looking forward to dewinterizing and hitting the road in the Spring.

Enjoy!

ScentfreeinSC -

Welcome to the Oliver family, the forum is a great resource for discovery and information on the Oliver products. We love our EII.

stay in hotel rooms (fragrances, smoke, chemicals

As you have indicated a possible issue with air quality - please be aware that during the first several months the Oliver interior seems to have a lingering fiberglass resin odor  (at least ours did) that does diminish over time. For us it was not a big deal, just something you may want to know upfront. I wouldn't consider the odor  benign by any measure. It does go away.

Happy travels.

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

Welcome, and ask away (we all did when we started). I noticed a huge fiberglass smell while touring the factory. I didn't see any vacuum or air filter system and a lot of fiberglass dust around. However, once we got our camper, (it had been sitting outside for about a month), there was surprising little remaining smell. We did find some inside some of the screwed tight compartments along with dust. At least there wasn't any of that formaldehyde smell you get from SOBs (some other brands). Think it comes from the glues in paneling and carpets, and none of that in the Oliver. Nice thing is you can open a vent and not worry about rain entering, as the vent is protected. Safe Travels...