Elite 11 bathroom window

Landrover

Mine is usually open when not moving, for ventilation. If some rain comes in I don’t worry about anything getting damp that shouldn’t.

Are you talking about having a fixed glass pane, or eliminating it entirely? That would make it kinda dark and gloomy, which I would hate.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

We use the bathroom window a lot.  We usually open it after a shower and turn the fan on.  On nice days it stays open to provide general ventilation.  It also lights up the bathroom during the day.  We wouldn’t be without it.  Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Virtually always open when stopped except for those cold nights.  I did put a curtain on it for a bit more privacy and I placed "tint" film on it so that the "look" from the exterior was the same as the other windows.  For moisture control and ventilation it can't be beat.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Ours stays open when parked and it isn’t raining. I also communicate with my wife through the bathroom window when I am dumping the black tank. When the tank is empty I close the dump valve and have her add more water to the tank and then dump again.

• Thanks 1

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

In addition to all of the above, we use it to provide ventilation to feed the Max Fan.  Definitely needed.  That said, I like Bill's suggestion that it should be tinted to match the other windows.

• Thanks 2

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

• Moderators

I'll need to check my supply, but, if I still have enough "tint" material left I'll bring it to the Owner's Rally in May and Mike & Carol will have it available during their presentation.

Bill

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

I would add that the newer trailers have a nicer, double paned little window than the original 2008 series. We had ours replaced with the new window a few years back. It seals quite nicely when closed, though it's usually open when we are camping.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I did put a curtain on it for a bit more privacy

Bill

Jeez Bill, gotta keep those dang deer and elk from  looking in your window when you're in the back woods.

Now speaking of windows, I requested a small window right behind the sink area, but was shot down. I was given a stupid reason, but I still think it's doable. Since the door window is frosted, it would be nice to have another window on that side. The bathroom window with clear glass would be perfect for that area. Probably something I would want done at the plant.

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

• Moderators

Stan -

A cheaper and somewhat elegant solution to the frosted glass in the door is:

https://www.amazon.com/CloZures-Controls-Privacy-Outside-fingertip/dp/B07FDKJFHD/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1547156425&sr=8-14&keywords=RV+door+shade

A number of owners have already done this one and I'm thinking about it.

Bill

p.s.  keep you head down - I understand that some snow is headed your way for this weekend.

• Moderators
Stan –

A cheaper and somewhat elegant solution to the frosted glass in the door is:

https://www.amazon.com/CloZures-Controls-Privacy-Outside-fingertip/dp/B07FDKJFHD/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1547156425&sr=8-14&keywords=RV+door+shade

A number of owners have already done this one and I’m thinking about it.

Bill

I did this and posted a bunch of pictures at this link:

http://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/door-window-shutter/page/2/

We’ve been happy with the results.  Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Now speaking of windows, I requested a small window right behind the sink area, but was shot down. I was given a stupid reason, but I still think it’s doable. Since the door window is frosted, it would be nice to have another window on that side. The bathroom window with clear glass would be perfect for that area. Probably something I would want done at the plant.

Stan

I looked at this when contemplating our own trailer.  To me, it made a lot of sense as a vent for the cooktop, a pass through, and as just extra light.  I'm sure that Oliver just said no, but I never pushed it because I couldn't figure out what to do with the inside.  That is, you'd want the same window treatment as the rest of the trailer, and those things are thick enough to really encroach on the counter space and especially the cooktop.

As a retrofit, I think it would be possible but obviously difficult, especially since you'd have to work around the existing counter.

I think it would have been a waste anyway, since it wouldn't have worked for the pass through or vent like I was thinking.  Since I grill under the awning, we learned pretty quickly that all the windows on that side need to stay closed while cooking dinner.  That, or disable the smoke detector ;) .

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

We like to keep our bathroom window open as much as possible for ventilation.  I did two things to reduce the likelihood of rain getting in and let us have ventilation even when it is raining.  They have worked out pretty well.  The first was to mount a "port visor" over the bathroom window.  These are made for boats to go over portholes and keep rainwater from running off the deck and into portholes on the cabin sides.  This resulted in a substantial improvement, mostly in keeping rainwater coming off the roof from streaming in.  But I still wanted more rain protection.  So I trimmed an old automobile side window rain deflector to the width of the window and mounted it with two-sided tape onto the bottom of the upper fixed window.  Now, unless it is blowing a whole gale we can leave the bathroom window open without having to worry about rain.   Each piece has stayed on with no trouble over the last two years of travel.  Pictures attached below.  Port visors are available at "SeaworthyGoods.com", and side window deflectors from Weathertech or your local auto parts store.  Just make sure you get a piece that has enough "straight" for the width of the bathroom window.  Best regards to all.

John Shkor, SailorsAshore

BathroomWindow1.thumb.jpg.25f85fa5616382b28c3f324d2432b283.jpg

BathroomWindow2.thumb.jpg.3e121f10c37b9da07ff14ec6c9030b9c.jpg

• Thanks 5

We like to keep our bathroom window open as much as possible for ventilation.  I did two things to reduce the likelihood of rain getting in and let us have ventilation even when it is raining.

I may be missing something, but it seems to me that, since the window opens into the "wet" bath, this window needs little to no protection from the rain. When we camp in the rain, we open this window, the bathroom door, and the Maxxfan vent a little to ventilate the cabin. The "port visors" seem like they would be more use over the other windows--although I might be concerned about them catching too much wind when traveling--as well as cutting down the "streamlined" look of our Ollie.

Onward through the Fog!

EarthPicks of Cochise County

AZCACOKSMONVNMORTNTXUTmed.jpg