Chairs; Which ones and how many?

hobo

Please cease - I have more chairs than I can count - there are only two of us - yet we carry 4 - and how many are left at home. 

Camp chairs anonymous - please help.

RB 

• Haha 3

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

My wife just got her a chair that rocks, it is a camping chair that folds and stores well, I'm sticking with my camping chair that has the food and drink storage on it, it becomes a choice of rather to rock, or eat, so you can see which one I went with.

trainman

• Like 3

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

3 hours ago, Overland said:

Will go nicely with my inflatable 4 seat SPA/Hot tub. 

RB

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, BackofBeyond said:

Will go nicely with my inflatable 4 seat SPA/Hot tub. 

RB

Do you really have one, or is that an early April fool's joke?

• Haha 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JohnL said:

image.thumb.png.e596755fd722573a0f2cb86ab306a049.png

We got a couple Front Runner Expander chairs. They seem comfortable, rugged and fold down to a very compact size (17"x17"X2.5"). They are a tad heavy at 9# each. 

Looks like a nice chair. I personally like the folding chairs with runners as opposed to feet that dig into the ground,  like this one.

We have a few from Aldi that fold down very compact, with a small side table. Another few with side tables, not so compact.

We have mana bear and papa bear sizes, and, like BoB, way too many chairs...

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

We’ve got a pair of these.. because of the storage system I built into the back of the truck they stow easily and can be quickly deployed as needed.. comfy and we like rocking chairs.. 🙂

35AF0480-704D-496F-B414-94E9711E6899.thumb.jpeg.037fd7fb17bb941a48ba7937a7f2d98a.jpeg

• Like 3

Mark & Deb..2020 Elite II..Dearie..Hull #685..2016 Tundra

AZARCAFLMSNMOKPATNTXsm.jpg

9 hours ago, BackofBeyond said:

Please cease - I have more chairs than I can count - there are only two of us - yet we carry 4 - and how many are left at home. 

Camp chairs anonymous - please help.

RB 

You crack me up.  I had a similar reaction reading this thread.  I thought I was the only one who has spent too much time and money thinking about something as simple ascamp chairs.

For the record, we use these  https://bit.ly/2P3Wybh  and usually carry 4.  Reatively inexpensive ($50 at REI) and pretty durable.

Product image for copper spice

• Like 3

Hull #735 - 2021 Elite 1 (Shorty)  |  2021 Toyota Tundra

• 1 month later...

The question is, What "GOOD QUALITY" chairs to buy?

Let me appeal to logic! Everyone probably bought their Oliver because of the quality of workmanship/design/materials, all of which translates into durability. IMHO, these all these attributes, along with comfort,  should also be present in your Camp Chairs, you know style!

We've  had our two ZeeDee Chairs (used) for almost 20 years now and they were probably 10 years old when we acquired them. We recently change the Sunbrella fabric on them not because they were worn, but because we wanted a different color to match our Oliver's. There no question they are more expensive, around $180.00 each, but when you do the math, ($180.00/30 years = $6 year) they are actually cheap. BTW they are extremely comfortable. Stop by our Site E10 at the Rally for a Road Test and a cold one.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Pat Maundrell said:

Stop by our Site E10 at the Rally for a Road Test and a cold one.

Can I take a rain-check on this since I will not be at the non-rally this year?😁

• Sad 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• 6 months later...

In our current fifth wheel we had room enough to amass a small collection of camp chairs. Straight back, reclining, footrest, even rocker. Now that we're getting an Ollie we need to consolidate. Just bought these from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0831G9TKK?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details . They can recline and the footrest is removable, so they seem to cover the bases. The plan is to carry 2 of these, plus my well-loved first camp chair from 1999 - just because I'm curious how long it can keep going, and it gives us a spare or visitor seat. Time will tell if these new chairs are as tough.

image.jpeg.86e152072ebfbf7e87ff34b0b9092039.jpeg

• Like 4

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Steph and Dud B said:

The plan is to carry 2 of these, plus my well-loved first camp chair from 1999 - just because I'm curious how long it can keep going, and it gives us a spare or visitor seat.

A "proper" guest brings their own chair and some extra adult beverages.😁

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

2 hours ago, topgun2 said:

A "proper" guest brings their own chair and some extra adult beverages.😁

If they've had enough beverages they might forget the chair!

• Haha 3

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 12/8/2021 at 4:31 PM, Steph and Dud B said:

If they've had enough beverages they might forget the chair!

We've got many of our chairs that way!  HA!

• Haha 2

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX