I am now the proud owner of a Legacy Elite!

cmdmom286

20 amps is more than adequate for keeping your batteries charged. The charger on your trailer will only pull a maximum of 4.5 amps AC for charging*.  So just use the adapter Oliver supplied, plug it in, and don’t worry.

Just don’t run the air conditioner while hooked to a 15 or 20 amp circuit or you’ll likely flip the breaker.

*Possibly 6 amps - I think Oliver uses the Progressive Dynamics PD4045 charger but if they use the PD4060 someone please correct me.

• Moderators

Welcome, Celia! I’ve been using Rejex and am happy with the results. It does take some effort to put it on, so maybe I’ll try duragloss like Bill recommends. Also, you’ll be good with a 20a connection in your storage, no need for anything else. Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Congrats to you cmdmom286 on your new accommodations!!

My wife and I will be picking up our new Oliver TT in August. We are SO looking forward to traveling.

I did find some information on the duragloss products 952: This is Duragloss’ most popular product! Duragloss Aquawax produces a deep, wet gloss on clean paint. On an already waxed finish, Aquawax deepens the reflection, enhances the shine and increases slickness. This is a synthetic sealant spray with the gloss of a wax. 

And 923:

What’s unique about Duragloss Fast Clean & Shine Detail Spray is its ability to bond with the existing paint protection to increase its durability and enhance its gloss. Use it between washes and any time to quickly restore the just-waxed look to your vehicle.

Duragloss Fast Clean & Shine Detail Spray is anti-static so it does not attract dust. Use it to quickly clean and shine paint and plastic on cars, boats, RVs, and motorcycles. The synthetic polymer formula bonds with any of Duragloss’ polishes.

I want to thank everyone on this Form for their information and opinions. It has helped so much...Thank you all.

Sue & Harold

Oliver Elite II Twin bed,  Hull #508, Ram 2500

CAIDINIAKYMIMNMTNENVNDOHORSDTNUTWIWYmed.            

• 1 month later...

New question.  Getting ready to head to Utah and dewinterizing the camper.  Don't know how to oven hot water valve.  The photo says in front of the heater but that is flush against the side of the interior wall and I cannot see anything.  Thank you for helping me out.

Also do you have to buy a pump to push in the bleach/ off site water?  And one final question.  Filled the tank with water to start the bleach process.  I know it is filled  because water running out from under the camper.  I have tested releasing the water through gray valve after running the pink stuff out of the faucets and no water will come out.  I am on a slight incline on my driveway. Is this the reason or is it because the gray tank is not full?  Thanks again for advice.

Also do you have to buy a pump to push in the bleach/ off site water? And one final question. Filled the tank with water to start the bleach process. I know it is filled because water running out from under the camper. I have tested releasing the water through gray valve after running the pink stuff out of the faucets and no water will come out. I am on a slight incline on my driveway. Is this the reason or is it because the gray tank is not full? Thanks again for advice.

You need a hand antifreeze pump to apply antifreeze to each of the "extra" water ports, a couple of pumps is enough to inject AF from the gallon jug into the small lines for winterizing. The important port is the right rear, that is your "winterization" suction port, for sucking in antifreeze or choline mixture or fresh water to the tank. Switch the inside valves according to the diagram under the hatch lid and operate the onboard water pump.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Antifreeze-Waterlines-Winterizing-36003/dp/B0006IX7YW

I like to put some bleach into a bucket and add water, then suck it into the system, filling the tank, the water heater and all lines. I also inject some bleach solution into each of the other outside ports to sterilize them, using the hand pump, since there is no flow from the tank into them. That is the only way to get the bleach in there. Don't forget to open the outside shower valves and the toilet water valve. You want to get a bleach solution EVERYWHERE in the plumbing system and let it sit several hours. Then drain everything and flush flush flush with tap water until it no longer stinks.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Oh yeah, the grey water tank is very long and only about 6 inches high, so with the rear outlet elevated even a little it won't drain well, or at all, depending on how much water is there. Shift the trailer or raise up the front. The systems work well when the floor is dead level or ever so slightly nose high. All the tank drains are toward the back.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

The drain for the grey tank is at the back, on the street side.  So when you drain, tilting it back and to the street a bit will help.  If your trailer is tilted forward, then it could be that you just don't have much water in the tank.  Check the level, and it will probably read zero if that's the case.  If not, then it's possible that you've got a problem with your grey tank valve.

Whenever I purify our tanks, I always get the trailer as level front to back as possible, and tilted slightly to the street.  That way I'm more likely to fill the fresh tank entirely with the bleach mixture, since the overflow is in the middle of the tank on the curb side.

I am also now the proud owner of an Oliver Elite, after a 4 month gestation period Ollie #431 is officially out of the nest today!:Stage 1; Hohenwald TN to Culpepper VA. AM voyage 3/29/19 from Culpepper to a temporary roost in MD. Then north to the NY Finger lakes (Infinity and beyond!) for the spring/summer and early fall. The walk about begins! Thanks to all contributors on this great site! John Davies...love your posts and advice..thanks!

• Thanks 2

2019 Legacy Elite #431;  2019. TV 2019 GMC Canyon Denali, crew cab, 4X4, Long bed, Duramax Diesel.

82 days of Fly Fish Fun. I do envy you ....... I am lucky to get in 25.

The Oliver  took on a big HAIL storm Up in Poudre Canyon Colorado last Summer the Oliver Held steady. No damage from the storm.

I use a large tarp from home depot. Be sure to tie off with rubber bungies or the grommets may scratch to Oliver.I also travel solo so yes it can be a pain.Just plan ahead and read the sky for weather. When in doubt tarp it off.

I use the same tarp for winter here in Nebraska and works fine. However going to move it indoor this next year.

Best to you maybe I will see you on the Wyoming/ Colorado Border this Summer ?  Or Maybe the Flat  Tops.

Regards  Jimmy

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished my maiden voyage of 24 days and 2000 miles in my Elite.  Had several issues but had a great time! Saw lots of Utah and fished Utah, New Mexico and of course the Colorado.  Boondocked at Canyonlands and Escalante.  Still afraid of the water system so using water from five gallon container.  Having issues determining how much water is in the tank.  When I initially added water from my home it gushed out from underneath the camper.  I don't know if I haven't closed a valve properly or what.  Am configured properly for water though.  Weathered a blizzard in Bryce with 60 mph winds and whiteout, and even drove across the pass towards Cedar City Utah with no issues.  Easier to pull and maneuver than I thought.  Oh and I caught a 24" Rainbow on the San Juan.  Life is good!

IMG_0273.jpg.9d526b91457a46593fc0eccd2cbc3c9a.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg.3bbf10eb1fa9c131296c27720d05d403.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg.229dece20231985dc9c53b944e8dfa7d.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg.bd7199ea84bce694f02c04baba1be867.jpg

• Thanks 3

• Moderators

In our Elite, when water gushes out the bottom, it means the tank is full.

What does your monitor say?

Looks like you had a great time!

Keep on enjoying!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.