Cleaning

I had glue residue from the floor in that groove, which attracted dirt; so I spent an hour or two cleaning it out with some solvent and a stiff brush.  It still collects dirt, of course, but now it sweeps out easily and looks 100% better.  After each trip, I mop the floor and if needed spot clean and go along the edge with some 409 and a paper towel.

• Thanks 2

Use a carpet runner at the entry and a nubby “shoe cleaner” rug on the ground and don’t step on that aluminum piece. My runner extends  all the way to the dinette and traps most of the grit. Remove shoes and put on slippers always. Flip the dirt out of the runner and rug daily. Vacuum the strip and entry area every now and then from outside the trailer. Mine actually doesn’t get very dirty.... but I don’t bring sticks from my shoes inside either.

If it is really messy outside I put a tarp down to try to keep most of the debris out there.

The dogs are another story entirely. LOL.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.