Refrigerator issues

mountainoliver

The funny (I guess) part is that Dometic sent Oliver a completely new fridge back in January. That still did not work correctly. When Oliver gave Dometic the correct Dometic part numbers for the matched set of boards, Dometic did not recognize the numbers and couldn’t find the boards. A separate repair facility tried to order a set of boards and also had a terrible time finding the correct ones. Those boards were bench tested for several days after receiving them and then sent to me in the middle of nowhere Arizona to install. Those failed within ten minutes of installation! It wasn’t until the Oliver service folks kept (I guess) pestering Dometic that they finally came up with the matched set of boards. Now all is well!

2017 Elite II, Hull #208

2019 Chevy HD 2500 Duramax

• 2 weeks later...

We recently had some warranty work done on our Dometic 4.5 with our 2017. It ended up being a computer board. No matter what mode we used, the fridge would light up briefly (all lights), then immediately shut off. I am glad it was under warranty as I had been told that part alone was around $400. I understand that the maintenance folks at Oliver were very helpful to my shop that fixed it.

Cash - AKA Sitting Bull

http://www.shot-in-texas.com

Another update: on the way to Guntersville we still had the intermittent failure issues but it seems to be not as often. Keep in mind that it always works on either AC or DC, it just intermittently fails on propane and it doesn’t make any difference if it’s on shore power or not. For some reason it will run perfectly for four days and then fail, turn it off and back on and it’s good for another four days. This hasn’t been totally proven out yet but I’m still trying different things. After we get home I want to do some thorough testing, again.

• Thanks 1

2017 Elite II, Hull #208

• Moderators

Not saying that "this" is your problem but its worth a shot.  I had a similar problem.  The cause was some debris falling down the exhaust stack on to the sensor for the flame (sensing no flame the gas would be shut off).  The solution was to either take the whole thing apart of simply blow some compressed air into that area.  Be careful to NOT blow air back into the small opening from where the propane comes out of the burner.  Now, I always carry a can of compressed air that you can get at Target, WalMart, Ace, etc.

Bill

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Thanks, I’ll try that as well. The brand spanking new fridge that Dometic sent Oliver and was installed failed in the same way the old one did. Not sure what’s up but ALL trailer systems have been tested by myself and Oliver with Dometic’s blessings. I’ve lost count of the number of new sets of control boards that have been replaced. Still the same issue, albeit much less frequent. Rumor has it that Dinosaur is designing a matched set of replacement boards. That should solve the Dometic cheesy control board issues.

2017 Elite II, Hull #208