Split: Honda Generator- Did I buy the wrong one? EU2200i or EU2200i Companion

skalywag

This may be important:

"February 12, 2019EB2200i • EU2200i PORTABLE GENERATORSSAFETY AND EMISSION RECALL — STOP SALE/RENTAL NOTICEDear Honda Power Equipment Dealer,American Honda is issuing a Stop Sale Notice for certain EB2200i and EU2200i generators.In some units, the screws used to assemble the fuel valve may loosen during use and can leak fuel. If gasoline or gasoline vapors leak, a fire or explosion could occur.A fuel leak caused by this issue typically is identified as a result of smelling a strong fuel odor before, during, or after operation, or seeing fuel underneath the generator.Affected UnitsAmerican Honda Inventory: Currently all affected American Honda warehouse inventory is on hold.Units in Dealer Inventory: Tag affected units and place them in a secure location to prevent retail sale or rental. We have attached a printout showing non-registered units within the affected ranges that have been purchased by your dealership from American Honda. Units within the affected serial number ranges cannot be sold or placed into service until they have been repaired, as required by law. If a dealer sells an unrepaired unit after being notified of this safety/emissions recall and stop sale notice, any injury or damage that occurs as a result is the responsibility of the dealer.Retailed Units:Customers with affected units, that have been registered, will be notified of the recall by letter after release of the service bulletin. If you have sold, but not yet registered any units, please register them immediately.Replacement Parts:Replacement parts will be available with the release of the service bulletin.American Honda will be issuing a service bulletin with detailed repair instructions, expected in early March. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this issue may cause.If you have any questions, please contact your Honda District Sales Manager or District Service Manager"

Honda-warning.docx

• Thanks 1
Legacy Elite I

ALCTDEFLGAKYMEMDMANHNJNYNCPARISCTNVTVAWV

• Moderators

20190225_154015.thumb.jpg.9858efb24ea754314b6bcdcf89c71367.jpg

Is this it, Skalywag?

Thanks for the info.

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.