Edwin Hymer North American Group Bankruptcy

Ken_Judy

I just ran across this well done You Tube video explaining the demise of the Edwin Hymer Canada RV manufacturer.  It really makes you appreciate what appears to be a strong financial standing of Oliver not to mention the attention they show to their customers and employees.

Wow, thanks for posting. I don’t follow any mainstream RV brands since my interest in non-Olivers is limited to a very small handful of low production high quality builders like EarthCruiser that I can’t afford ;)

Oliver survived the 2008 crash because their bread and butter product is bathroom tubs and enclosures and that is a pretty steady market. RV builders typically can’t just shut down a production line and keep making money through other channels. They usually just go belly up.

I researched Oliver Travel Trailer Company heavily before buying “Mouse” and I never found anything that worried me. Great company, great work ethic,  great people.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I had asked this question at my factory tour. What is the future of the company? I was told that the Oliver family is very committed to the company and has no plans to change that. That was great to hear. In my opinion, most of the down fall to a lot of these large company’s is corporate greed. Of course if a Billon dollar check was put in front of you, it would be a serious consideration.

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

Hymer bought the well respected Road Trek brand in 2016 and then brought over their european B van designs.  Corporate greed led to all kinds of financial irregularities so much so that Thor Industries backed out of a purchase.  800 employees fired.  Sad for them as well as the customers and stocking dealers on the hook for warranty issues.

“Financial improprieties” ......  “Allegations in the report include 1,700 fabricated invoices worth over $100 million with phony VIN numbers attached.”

Whooo boy, that is beyond bad. Original speculations said that the money was funnelled into private overseas accounts but that seems to be not true. It sounds like a bunch of idiots  trying to inflate sales figures....

https://rvmiles.com/report-erwin-hymer-in-tatters-amidst-c-suite-embezzlement/

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Oliver family is very committed to the company and has no plans to change that. That was great to hear. In my opinion, most of the down fall to a lot of these large company’s is corporate greed. Of course if a Billon dollar check was put in front of you, it would be a serious consideration.

As future generations take over for the founders, more often than not, cashing out replaces running the business. No evidence, rumor or otherwise, indicated the Oliver folks are in this camp. It would be a sad day, I believe, to see this happen.  I quite enjoy knowing the folks running the company are founders and family - blood of the founders- so to speak.

Corporate ownership - rarely if ever works out-in the long run.

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201