Oliver Service Department

To often we don't take the time to acknowledge a job well done. This week I dropped the trailer off at Oliver Service for several days of adding options and fixing a couple small items. I dropped it off on Tuesday morning after spending an 18 degree night sleeping behind the sales office (Thank you to Oliver for allowing this) and picked it up on Thursday.

I was met Tuesday morning by both Jason and Richie to go over the list of things to be done. We went over each item since we were adding a few options (cell booster, WiFi booster, front basket, deck plate installed for access, purchasing Hypervent and purchasing several items for spares) that we did not have installed during the build. Also haveing 2 small items fixed that needed attention.

Upon returning on Thurday Ritchie met me and went over the list of everything that was done to make sure nothing was missed then took me to the trailer to look over everything to make sure I was satisfied.

I want to thank Jason, Ritchie, Justin, Bryan, and everyone else in service that I did not catch thier name that worked on or assisted with the trailer (including the young man that assisted with moving the trailer). Guys this is service done right! Your customer service and workmanship is something not found too often anymore. Its obvious these guys take pride in thier job. I am known to be kind of a picky person since I have been in a service business for 41 years. Oliver Service far exceeded my expectations and I want to say THANK YOU for a job well done!

• Thanks 12

ABNBNSPEALARCOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMSMOMTNENHNMNYNCOHOKPARISCSDTNTXUTVTVAWVWYmed.jpg

Tom & Cheryl 

LE II #305

2018 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax

That is a wonderful endorsement.

The only thing I have to add is that they should find a small independent shop somewhere in the West, say in a centralized location like SLC,  that can do their high quality warranty work and service repairs. I have zero plans to ever return to Hohenwald, not because I don’t like the town or the factory, but because I don’t want to go anywhere east of the Rockies.

Owners who live for months at a time in their trailers and tow 10,000 miles annually probably don’t mind a little detour to TN, but for those of us out here who don’t, it is really out of the way.

Does that sound like a selfish request?

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

Does that sound like a selfish request?

John Davies

Spokane WA

John, that is an interesting question. First, I think Oliver anticipates warranty work being done locally and then reimbursed. I have a local RV repair shop here in Boerne that I use (as does Pete Marks). They do good work at a fair price. Oliver has reimbursed me for warranty work they did. After that, I think most Oliver owners are not as set as you are as far as not traveling to certain regions or the other half of the US. We’ve had warranty work and modifications done in Hohenwald like many others and look forward to the trip and the sites along the way and in the central TN area. We always plan a few days in Nashville to go to the Opry and other music venues. If there was an Oliver sponsored Texas repair facility I would probably still go to my local (5 miles away) repair shop for immediate problems. The western US is pretty big and wherever they located a facility it would be a long way for a lot of western US owners. They are better off finding a local shop. It would be interesting to hear from other western US owners! Mike

• Thanks 3

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Does OTT have a list of shops that care as much as they do?  If not, having OTT owners submit names of ones they used that do would be a great start to making such a list.  The list could be such that the Name and Hull number are listed with the shop info.  That way we have some pride of nomination, as well as careful filtering of nominees.

How about it OTT?

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

• Moderators

I know that at one time there was a thread about recommended rv repair sites for warranty work.. I think Jason may have started it, but I can't find it. It was quite awhile ago..

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Yes, Oliver did ask for owners to send them recommended repair shops 2 or 3 years ago. I sent them Boerne RV Repair where I go. I don’t know how many others submitted anything. If you have a business you’ve used I’m sure Jason would appreciate knowing. Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Glad to hear this. In this day and age its hard to find quality work and a team that takes pride in their work. As a former airstream owner. One thing I did enjoy if you went to the factory for service or warranty work they had several paved sites and hookups for overnight stays. At your appointment time they would get your unit then return it when they were done. If it was getting later in the day you could stay another night. Great concept except it took three or more months to get an appointment for service or warranty work,

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

Oliver did ask for owners to send them recommended repair shops 2 or 3 years ago.

Yes, I sent in my recommendation for here in Southeastern Arizona: D & J RV Center in Sierra Vista. They sure have treated me and my Ollie well and have communicated well with OTT when needed.

Onward through the Fog!

EarthPicks of Cochise County

AZCACOKSMONVNMORTNTXUTmed.jpg

• Moderators

Landrover -

While there is nothing official (as of yet), I do know that the folks at Oliver have been working on a plan that should provide much the same type of thing as you experienced with Airstream for overnight stays.  Sure will be nice when (and if) they actually get it done.

Bill

• Thanks 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"