Ft. Worth Texas says, HOWDY FOLKS

Trainman

Well after enjoying our Casita for the last couple of camping seasons we have just signed on the dotted line and will be getting our new Elite II in July. We are John and Susan L. from Ft. Worth, Texas and since the day we saw our first Oliver at a Casita Rally we said, that's our next trailer. I won't go into all the qualities of the Oliver, you all know about that and yes, I'm pretty picky about my stuff and the Oliver became our choice, so it's done. I go by "trainman" on the forums and also on the model railroad forums, yes I like trains, my favorite in the D&RGW Narrow Gauge, like in Durango and Chama. Susan and I both enjoy the outdoors and when at home we spend a lot of time outdoors, we do enjoy a glass of wine down by the lake enjoying the sites on our property. We will pass on the "Boondocking" part of camping, but spending a night in a Walmart parking lot is about as far we go when it comes to no hookups. We ordered our new Oliver without all the solar stuff and some of the other electronics that are available, we can stay home if we need to and enjoy that type of living there. I'm a real perfectionist and hands on guy and no project is something I won't give it a go, well I should say, if I will do it at this point in my life. Susan is an exceptional person and fits in where ever needed, she can handle it, I probably don't give her enough credit for the things she does. We both enjoy meeting and talking with others, I'm pretty outgoing, Susan is a little more reserved, thank goodness one of us is, she keeps me inline. We both are looking forward to meeting many of you down the road, camping is a wonderful experience enjoyed by many.

trainman and trooper, John and Susan L.

• Thanks 3

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

Welcome to the family John and Susan

Like many of us on the forum, as a hands on type, you will find a few upgrades, fixes, and just cool additions that the Oliver owners have found worthwhile.

My better half and I have spent some time  on the Durango - Silverton line. It was some time ago and we enjoyed the ride immensely. Will have to check out the Chama. We are boondockers from way back, and our EII is set up for that, as we enjoy the harder to get to, less crowded places. However, we have found in the Ollie, everywhere we stay is like a 5 star hotel, comfort and hot shower go a long ways. :-)

Hope you bring your Casita to the Rally in May. It will be a good opportunity to meet and greet the Oliver family and learn about your soon to be new Oliver. Texas isn't that far, considering we have spent a good deal of time in the state, both travel and living. I hate to admit the number of miles we have put behind us running back and forth on I-20.

As for perfectionism, I am trying to reform. Almost perfect seems good enough these days. Makes living a lot  more enjoyable. For me anyways.

Looking forward to meeting ya'll, if  not at the Rally, somewhere down the road.

RB

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

Another welcome to the family John and Susan:

We also opted not to purchase the solar package and some of the electronic that Oliver offers.  The Oliver TT is our 7th travel trailer and we have enjoyed it about the best of any trailer.  We have camped in many National Parks and have stayed up to two weeks without electrical power; just connect your tow vehicle to the trailer for a short period of time while running to recharge the Oliver's batteries.

In 2017 we spend several weeks in the Durango – Silverton area and enjoyed riding the train between the two locations.

Best of luck with your new Oliver.

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

• Moderators

John and Susan, welcome! I’m sure you will enjoy your Oliver just like the rest of us. It was our first trailer and we weren’t sure what kind of camping we would migrate to so I got the solar and 4 AGM’s. We prefer sites with hookups but since we want to visit as many National Parks as possible we’ve found that dry camping is required in many of them. Everybody is different and the Oliver can be set up to different camping styles. Hope to see you at the rally. Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Welcome aboard, John and Susan!

Most upgrades can be added later, if you find you actually want/need them.

Portable solar panels, for instance, are an easy upgrade.

Hope you have as much fun as we've had for the last 11 years...

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Welcome! I have been a narrow gauge fan for 45+ years! DRG, D&RGW, RGS, UINTAH, SUMPTER VALLEY, C&S, NCNG, SP, DSP&P, WSL, EBT, NCNG, SS&S, Low Country Swamp logging, Maine 2 footers,.....I could go on! Hope to ride the Colorado NG on my "walk about".

2019 Legacy Elite #431;  2019. TV 2019 GMC Canyon Denali, crew cab, 4X4, Long bed, Duramax Diesel.