Truma Questions

Kgeb

Well George and I are new Oliver owners.  We picked up out Oliver on March 11 and we are #441.  We have a 2019 Elite II.  We picked her up and headed to Texas where we call the "Hill Country" home.  This is such a well put together TT.  In fact a neighbor looked at the wiring under one of the seats and said, "beautiful".  And you know he was right!  Everything seems to be going fine but I have yet to get the hot water tank working. We upgraded to the Trauma and I just cannot figure it out.  Water just does not seem to flow into the water tank.  I have it set on the normal diagram and the propane is on but no luck.  I have read and reread the manual.  I will probably call Jason in the morning and run through it with him.  But "Olli 441" is beautiful and we cannot wait to get her all organized and on the road.

I have to confess I have been a bit of a "lurker" and have learned so much from this forum so now we are jumping in with 4 feet...

George & Karen

<p style="text-align: center;"></p>

George & Karen, Welcome!

My Truma has two electrical switches, and both must be on. One is inside the cabin; mine is beneath the pantry, but the switch might be in a different location on your unit. The other switch is outside, behind the access panel.

Also there is a water inlet valve on the Truma that is closed only for winterization. You should be able access this from a round access porthole under the curbside bed

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 2

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

• Moderators

George and Karen, welcome from another Hill Country owner! Where are you located? We’re just outside of Boerne. Enjoy your new trailer and hope to see you on the road! Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Like David said, there is a second set of valves on the unit itself that are used for winterization - I think he's right to check the manual against those first just to make sure that they didn't get flipped at the factory.  If not that, we've had intermittent trouble with our interior switch.  Sometimes we have to flip it on and off several times to get it to come on.  If the light on the switch isn't coming on, then it could be a bad switch, or it could be that the cable has come loose from the back.  There's a port in the cabinet over the cooktop that will give you access to check.  Also, you probably know this, but the light should be solid when it's on. If it's blinking, then you've got an error code that you'll need to decipher.  Ours will throw an error code at us every so often for reasons unknown, but flipping the unit off and on with the outside switch always fixes it.

Under the curbside access make sure the valves are are not set to winterize, including the bypass valve on the back of the Truma.  I had the same problem with no hot water but I went outside and opened the access door and located the on-off-on switch and cycled it a few times. That did the trick and I have had no problem from then on.

• Thanks 1

George & Karen (Hull #441) - we are Ken and Karren (not a misspell) and we pickup Hull #444 on April 4.  Pretty exciting!  When you picked up Hull #441, did Oliver go through all the appliances, including the Truma, to verify working order before you left?  I am curious about the delivery checkout "punchlist" to make certain everything is working properly.  Do they fill the water tank to checkout the onboard pump, and the Truma? City water connection? Electrical components?  Or is it more like a new car purchase where the salesman takes your money, hands over the keys, and wishes you all the best.  We have never owned a camper so not sure what to expect.  Did you stay overnight near Hohenwald and if so, was the Truma working that first night?  We plan to stay about one hour away from Hohenwald at Montgomery Bell State Park, Dickson, TN, for three nights and visit friends in Dickson, TN.  While at the State Park, we plan to test every feature before we head back to FL - but, we pickup on Thursday and any problems unearthed over the weekend require a stayover until Monday if we need factory service assistance.  Congratulations on your pickup, hope to see you at the Rally.

KWR

2019 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull#444

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

• Moderators

Ken & Karren -

Boy!  Time is getting short for you now - talk about excitement!

Oliver deliveries usually take about two hours or so.  They do not just hand you the keys.  Every system will be pointed out and demonstrated (if possible) and they will take as much time as you need to make sure that they have answered all of your questions.  However, there will be a number of items that will not be "tested" at that time.  This is due to the fact that there (usually) will not be any water in the fresh water tank and since delivery (usually) takes place inside, there will be no sun to make the solar panels work (assuming that you got that option).  However, during the first night's camping it is fairly easy to test these systems to make sure that they work to your satisfaction and I would strongly encourage you to do this for two reasons.  One - make sure that they work!.  Two - make sure that you know how to make them work.  This second point is a bit more difficult than most of us imagine.  Sure, we listen and even (perhaps) take notes during the delivery, but, I certainly didn't remember it all even a short 8 hours later.

Most important - have fun, take notes (videos are even better), ask questions, play with everything that you can, but, most important, relax and (did I mention?) have fun!

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Heather O, gave us a camping spot at Davy Crockett State for the first night and we opted for 1-2 extra days which is on us. Our delivery date is July 8th, this will be a good place to checkout the trailer and since it is close to the Oliver Plant we could return if need be. Oliver also have hookup facilities there at there place that are free to use when coming to Oliver for either viewing new trailers, or warranty work. All being said, staying close for a few days is probably a good thing.

trainman

• Like 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

Hi Ken & Karren.  It was checked out at the factory so everything is good to go. Our issue with the water heater was dewinterizing it, cleaning the antifreeze out then fill the water tank.  Write it down step by step...we left out a step thus no water was going to the hot water heater.  And I do remember being told.

Behind the Truma ( you access from the twin bed curb side) is a brass valve.  This will need to be opened to allow water to flow into the Truma. We just waited until we got home and dewinterized first.  I think you will need to dewinterize first.  Works like a charm now!

We were slow learners it took us all day?‍♀️Let us know how it goes!

• Moderators

Isn't the world of "no schedule" great?  However, usually this comes with a bit of a price - age.  All of that "someday" I want to … now turns into - I better simply get to doing all of those things instead of just dreaming about them.  We all have to start somewhere and what an exciting time it is - have FUN!

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• 3 months later...

Truma usage question - I only turn on the Truma unit when I need hot water (for example morning shower), then turn it off after use.  Is this the proper way to use the Truma, or, should I leave it on all the time while camping?

KWR

2019 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull#444

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

• 11 months later...
On 7/6/2019 at 2:27 AM, Overland said:

We leave the outside switch on except when traveling or stored.  The inside switch we turn on and off as needed.

Wish ours had an inside switch 😩

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg