Air compressor for the Oliver tires

Yukon

That sounds suspiciously like what happens to a camera bag with multiple Nikon bodies and lenses left sitting on the driveway as you are about to leave for a big trip.

I think if we had a Sad Photo of the Day thread, this pic would win first prize..... what was the value of all that junk before it became junk? Did insurance cover the loss?

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• 1 year later...

I ordered and just received this Via Air 400P RV compressor from of all places Target for $261.99 shipped Fedex. I have read a number of decent reviews on this unit. Hopefully it will serve our needs well.

Picture shows yellow air hoses, but ours arrived with the newer black hoses.

-Patriot 

B37F449F-F5D4-4F22-9284-CF852E5AF323.jpeg

7FB36EC2-0A80-4927-BD97-0B45B8BC75AD.jpeg

F819C581-DC53-4F6B-8900-D2753AA3AB3C.png

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 5

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

Those Viairs look like very nice units, just be aware of the relatively low flow rate and 33% duty cycle. They are perfect for topping up a single low tire. For airing up all your aired-down tires after driving off pavement, they will be lacking.

What sort of air filtration do they use, and can it be upgraded?

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Enjoy the elevator “I Dream of Jeannie” music in this end user review- 😄 gotta love the entertainment value of YouTube University reviews.

Edited by Patriot

IMG_2879.jpeg

So on a couple of recent trips to the factory, all the valve stem caps I saw were green.  I asked if the tires were filled with nitrogen but I didn’t get a clear answer (that I heard).  I remember it being something like “this is how they come”.

I’m adding that question to my growing list of things to ask at our September pick up.

DMc

David and Vicky | Burns, TN | 2020 LEII #686 | 2017 Ford F-250 4x4 6.2L

A little helpful on nitrogen tire refills -

How to Find Nitrogen for Tire Inflation

Locating a tire merchant that offers nitrogen, is as easy as going to the Get Nitrogen Institute and searching based upon zip code. Typically, a tire fill up will cost around $5 and some shops even offer free top offs and pressure checks if you opt for nitrogen when you buy new tires. It is best to shop around and call a few tire stores in your local area to obtain the best deal.

It is worth noting that it is perfectly safe to add regular air to a tire that has been filled with nitrogen. This info was gleaned from this link. 

https://www.carsdirect.com/car-repair/using-nitrogen-for-tire-inflation-advantages--disadvantages

edit- I tried typing our zip code in on the Get Nitrogen Institute search bar, and it did not work. 

Edited by Patriot
  • Thanks 1

IMG_2879.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mike and Carol said:

I fill my tires with a mixture of about 80% nitrogen and 20% oxygen. It’s call air.  Mike

Indeed same here! 😄

Edited by Patriot

IMG_2879.jpeg