Seven Pin Female Pigtail Cover

Seven Pin Female Pigtail Cover:

I have had the pleasure of cleaning out my Oliver electrical umbilical cord connection several times now.  I'm not sure how it happens, but when ever there is mud puddle under the tongue of my trailer, my Oliver pig tail does a swan dive out of the tongue storage box to go for a mud bath.   The impact of the connector into the below mud seems to always have the same result... mud in the female electrical connector.  What a PITA to clean!  Since I purchased one of these covers, my pigtail has not once jumped out of the tongue box.  Well worth the $7 purchase price from Amazon.

Frankly, this cover should be standard equipment.  It would surely save a lot of grief.  The Amazon description is: Fastway 82-00-3315 7 Way Plug Cover

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JRYHGKC/?coliid=I3IETWGG5DCGXE&colid=BIL63TJ2UBFY&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Ollie-Pig-Tail-Cover.docx

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

Seven Pin Female Pigtail Cover:

I have had the pleasure of cleaning out my Oliver electrical umbilical cord connection several times now. I’m not sure how it happens, but when ever there is mud puddle under the tongue of my trailer, my Oliver pig tail does a swan dive out of the tongue storage box to go for a mud bath. The impact of the connector into the below mud seems to always have the same result… mud in the female electrical connector. What a PITA to clean! Since I purchased one of these covers, my pigtail has not once jumped out of the tongue box. Well worth the $7 purchase price from Amazon.

Frankly, this cover should be standard equipment. It would surely save a lot of grief. The Amazon description is: Fastway 82-00-3315 7 Way Plug Cover

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JRYHGKC/?coliid=I3IETWGG5DCGXE&colid=BIL63TJ2UBFY&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

If you have the pigtail hanging down and it rains you will have water trapped inside the female cover; then corrosion starts and can lead to having to replace the female connector.  So the best thing is always be sure the female pigtail connector is pointing up, when not attached to the tow vehicle.  I have replaced many of these female pigtail connectors for other people after they have allowed water to run down the cable into the female plug.

• Thanks 1

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

• Moderators

I tried one of these covers. I let my cord hang across the trailer tongue so that the connections are facing down. The cover seemed to accumulate moisture and water. So, I went back to nothing, just letting it hang. No problems, even in rain. Mike

B24AA212-146C-4FEE-9702-4E967E7DBE65.thumb.jpeg.fd6127dc7426141deaa1fff52f10c2a8.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• 2 months later...

I just purchased three of these for all of my trailers that use the 7 pin connectors.  Keeps them clean and out of the way.  They can be mounted to upright posts or against a flat surface.  On the Oliver, it will go up against the front basket.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MFFC0IU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Thanks 5

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

• Moderators

Hobo -

I like the looks of that one.  I'm still using a "cap" on my pigtail and have never had problems with moisture.  However, the cord must still be draped over the tongue or between the jack and the propane tank cover and the "cap" just dangles from the cord when plugged into the TV.  With the product you found there is no dangling of the cap and the cord is always up and out of the way.

Thanks for finding it!

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I think I might give that one a shot, too.  Like Mike, I haven't had any luck with the caps.  I've been draping mine over the tongue like him, but recently I've been getting water through the cord side like Maverick was talking about.  I was going to try sealing it with silicone, but for six fifty, this is at least worth trying.

• Moderators

Spike -

I too am a BIG fan of dielectric grease.  A couple of times a I take a "Q-tip" and clean out both the truck and pigtail connection areas.  Then using another "Q-tip" I lightly coat each contact with grease.  Never a water problem.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"