Hull #444 pickup Thursday April 4, 2019

KWRJRPE

We are ready to leave FL in the morning to visit the mothership and pickup Hull #444 on Thursday (04-04-2019).  My 2015 Toyota Tundra Limited, 5.7L, 4WD is packed with way too much stuff after a year of following forum suggestions, which has resulted in soooooo many Amazon purchases - Clam tent, Blackstone griddle, beautiful wooden shower mat and sink cover (thank you Foy), rugs, chairs, pillows, blankets, table, water filter and regulator, electricity stuff, tape, door magnets, coconut coir, Magna cookware with induction stovetop,  tools, Andersen levelers, wheel chocks, LevelMate Pro leveler system, LP gas quick connect hose, Solo Stove Bonfire, Mifi 8800L jetpack, TPMS, Yeti Tundra 65 cooler, food, drink, clothes, portable air compressor,  propane monitor, Honda 2200i generator... Got everything except the Oliver Legacy Elite II (and, will have that this Thursday).  Plan to stay in Dickson, TN, at the Montgomery Bell State Park for three nights and learn the Oliver trailer.  Not too far from the factory in case assistance is needed.  Then, back to FL for Karren to do her magic inside the trailer before the Rally in May. Looking at my overpacked TV, I am thinking all we really needed was blankets, pillows, and maybe a coffee maker.  Way too much stuff for a maiden voyage.  Over time, we will learn how to camp properly.

• Thanks 5
  • Like 1

KWR

2019 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull#444

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

• Moderators

Go get 'em (both of you)!  Most important thing to bring if a sense of fun and adventure.  This is exciting - except for writing THAT check part.  Try to take notes during delivery, and, ask questions.  Take pictures and let us know how it went.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderator+

Exciting, are either/both of you coming to the rally?  It will be the perfect learning experience for a new owner.  The plan is to partner new owners with experienced owners as mentors.  Good luck to your both.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

Congratulations to all of you, and safe travels.

Wishing you many miles of smiles...

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Congratulations, I used to go to Montgomery Bell as a kid, it probably has changed in fifty years. Are you planning to drive into Nashville? If you like cars, the Lane Motor Museum near the airport is pretty cool for a couple of hours. The zoo is close by and also is good.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I got the 22inch (2 burner added flexibility, but still potable). But, the 17 inch is perfect too. Love this thing and got hose quick connect for Oliver gas system ( or just use small bottles). Very versatile cooking machine

• Thanks 1

KWR

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

Hull #444 on Thursday (04-04-2019).  My 2015 Toyota Tundra Limited, 5.7L, 4WD

Looks like you are picking up today. I remark because we drove from Arizona to pick up our Ollie almost two years ago with our 2013 Toyota Tundra Limited, 5.7L, 4WD loaded with many of the same accouterments that you report. Hull #222.

You doubled our hull number and added two years to our Tundra. I wonder if, in a couple more years, we will read about a 2017 Tundra picking up an Ollie that  triples our hull number: #666.

• Thanks 1

Onward through the Fog!

EarthPicks of Cochise County

AZCACOKSMONVNMORTNTXUTmed.jpg

KWRJRPE,

Pictures!  We need pictures!  (As if you had nothing better to do, it's all about me!)

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

All day pickup at the Mothership on Thursday (April 4) was quite enjoyable.  Rainy day, but delivery occurred in the Sales Office "showroom".  Great young techs, Blake and Hunter, demonstrated all things Oliver (0930 until about 4PM).  Extra hour due to defective Andersen Weight Distribution hitch ball (had to get Jason involved to get my TV hooked to the Andersen WD hitch).  Apparently, slightly new ball design (will send pictures in another email).  Got to Montgomery Bell State Park late (before dark) and had to setup in the rain.  Plumbing was winterized, so decided to spend first night without water (power hookup only). No problems leveling trailer with Andersen levelers. On Friday (today), flushed antifreeze, got Truma going, tried out composting toilet, drained potable water tank, all good.  Internet using my Verizon MiFi 8800L, but also got the WiFiRanger connected to the State Park Wifi to test it all out.  Still a bit uncertain of the WifiRanger - need to review some more.  Very enjoyable camping setup, picture attached.

pic5.thumb.jpg.b589b12c0e8b55442ddade869721cdcf.jpg

• Thanks 2

KWR

• Moderators

Looks like you've been doing this for years! The Ollie looks great. Thanks for the photo.

Enjoy your weekend at Montgomery Bell.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

In your write-up it appeared that you were very busy checking out the systems on that nice new Ollie.  But, in the picture (I straightened it out for you) it appears that no real work is being done.  That's more like it!

Hope it gives you many miles of great camping.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I guess taking everything for your new trailer is what many do if not returning home after pickup. I told the wife that we were not going to take it all, we were going to rough it as much as we can on the way home, that is, no grill, no Clam, no Little Red Campfire, just minimal stuff, bedding, paper plates, two lawn chairs, in fact we will be eating out  most of the time. I'm pretty much into taking it home and setting it all up to my own personal way and with everything in place where it should be for us. I want to make a few small mods before we head out on the road, this is the way I prefer to do it. We will be coming from FT. Worth, Texas, it's about a 675 mile trip, but we are planning around 5 days to return home, just take it easy an check everything out, this will include 2 days close to Oliver at a RV park for checkout. Since we have a July 8th pickup date, the weather will be hot and hotter as we get closer to Texas, just the way it is that time of the year. Personally we don't camp in Texas in July and August, but if we do go someplace it would be north to Colorado, or someplace cooler. Our trailer was put into production last week, will be wondering what our build number is, I guess I have to call to find this out.

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

Now we are back at home and fine-tuning our new Ollie, based upon 3 nights camping experience at Montgomery Bell State Park, Dickson, TN.  We had an absolute GREAT time and the somewhat crowded camp ground a few did visit and very interested in the Ollie.  One Casita owner was quite familiar and considering a change - we enjoyed talking with him.

Anyway, a few comments about the delivery and first camp experience:

1. Blake and Hunter did a great job explaining the Oliver to us (10AM to 4PM).  The final hour was trying to hook the Andersen Weight Distribution hitch - had to call in the big guns (Jason) who declared our new Andersen WD hitch defective and returned with a new one out of the box, installed, and it worked.  Very painful process for me when we tried to hook up and leave Sunday morning - I am thinking more seriously about a new 3/4 TV and hopefully do away with the Andersen WD hitch altogether.  But, the 11 hour ride back to FL was without incident and the WD hitch appeared to do its job.

2. We had a significant problem Day1; My wife swears not her fault, but, the door locked behind her with all keys inside.  We purchased the auto/code electric locking mechanism and possibly it locked behind her? the code would not open it and all keys were inside. Anyway, had to push skinny wife up through basement, through basement access hatch, and into Oliver to open from inside.  We learned to keep one set of keys in TV at all times.  Still not sure what caused problem, but, kinda regret getting the electronic lock.

3. Had to purge antifreeze before hooking to campground water - not a problem but a bit scary first time.

4. Every thing seems to be working great and we could not be happier!  At home, testing/learning systems and should be a bit more confidence in time for Rally.

Question - At home the Oliver is hooked up to house AC power (120V, 15amp) and we are running lights, frig, television, Roku, etc.; the AC started with Easy Start and ran, but, is it safe to run AC for extended time on house AC power?  Hot in FL, so would like to run Air Conditioner. We plan to get 30amp service soon.

KWR

I'd say you are right at the limit with 15 amp and the air conditioner. That and the battery charger, plus a few small loads will push you over the top, but if that happens, the breaker in the house will trip.  Just don't try to run the microwave too.

Congrats on your new Ollie.  We use ours at home sometimes too.  Movie nights, etc.

John

I’ve tripped a 20 amp breaker running a small space heater in our trailer. The trailer was pulling less than 15 amps but there are a handful of other things on the same circuit, including a 70’s stereo, which I guess is like another small space heater.

I’m not sure I ever would have thought about trying to climb through the basement to get inside.

• Like 1

• Moderators

You should be OK running the air conditioner off the 15 amp house power if you are mindful of the cautions cited above.  However, in addition to those cautions make sure that if you are using an extension cord it is heavy enough for the distance between your Oliver and the house.  Certainly anything below 12 gauge (you can find this stamped on either the cord cover or the plug of the extension cord) would not be suitable for running the conditioner.

Bill

Filled fresh water tank, set valves for boondocking, cant get the pump to pressurize system.  Water gurgles and burps from fresh tank overflow under the Oliver near doorstep.  Manual mentions waiting for pressurizing - been a while now.  First time using the boondock water system (new Oliver owner).  What am I doing wrong?

KWR

If you open the kitchen faucet do you get water flow?   Lots of air with it?  Or just air?  If so, run the faucet, both hot and cold until no air and just water.  Do the same in the bath.   Do the hot first, and than the cold.  It can be very slow to come up to pressure if the water heater and lines are full of air.

It's unlikely, but there may be debris in the filter at the pump.  Some is OK, but clogged would stop the flow.

It sounds like you mean the pump is pumping water out the overflow and I can't see how that can happen.

John

My apologies - I just read a similar forum conversation that corrected my issue - the valve diagram for Boondocking Configuration is intended for filling the fresh water tank from an unpressurized water source (water jug) - I mistakenly aligned the valves for Boondocking thinking intended for pumping water from the fresh water tank and not a pressurized (city) water source.  After returning the valves to Normal Configuration, all is good with pumping water through faucets.  I am still not clear why two water source inlets (one for city water and one for filling fresh water tank) if the same valve configuration provides water for either option.  I am sure it will come to me as I ponder it and maybe review the plumbing diagram.

KWR