Hull #444 pickup Thursday April 4, 2019

KWRJRPE

The setting for filling the tank while boondocking means the pump will suck water from an outside container to fill the tank. Then, the same pump is used to suck water from the tank to pressurize the system.    The city water fitting allows city pressure to come in and feed the faucets with no pump involved.

Glad you got it fixed.  Time  to get back to having fun.

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

KWR;

In the Photo, it looks like you have enough chairs and tables for the entire campground.  Did you bring all those or are some of those from visiting neighbors?

Our plan is to carry only two chairs (initially anyway) and it will be BYOC for anyone else.  Can the masses suggest the appropriate number of seats we should typically carry with us for proper etiquette?

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

Hobo

The chairs in the picture belong to friends visiting.  We carried 3 chairs for two of us (not sure why we carried the extra chair).  I am still in search of the perfect camp chair - possibly one that rocks?  With all the stuff we purchased for the Oliver (thank you Amazon), amazed at all the storage space remaining to be filled.

KWR

2019 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull#444

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

• Moderators
KWR;

Our plan is to carry only two chairs (initially anyway) and it will be BYOC for anyone else. Can the masses suggest the appropriate number of seats we should typically carry with us for proper etiquette?

We carry four chairs.  Two that were our first chairs that we got at the Walmart in Hohenwald when we picked up, they fold up nicely and don’t take up much space.  We have settled on tow Core chairs as our primary seats.  Compact but comfortable.

1C345AC6-EACF-4DB5-AA72-EE2DC6B9E3D4.jpeg.e0442e0eaa7f877d4cfcb3eae2411ed0.jpeg

We’ve got some zero gravity chairs, comfy but heavy and bulky.  Also several other camp chairs that looked good but didn’t sit well in the long run.  It’s nice to have a couple of extra chairs if someone stops by.  We’ve also had a couple of times our main chairs got wet and we had to break out the extras.  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

There's a good chair thread here.

I ended up ordering the Helinox Sunset chairs that I mentioned in that thread, and I do not regret it.  My wife loves them too, and with no prompting from me, said that with the Helinox we didn't really need to bring the zero G chairs.  They're so incredibly light, yet sturdy.  I got their small hard top table to go with them.  They all go together super quick.  Highly recommended, though I still have feelings for those Kermit chairs.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/8/2019 at 1:46 PM, KWRJRPE said:

Now we are back at home and fine-tuning our new Ollie, based upon 3 nights camping experience at Montgomery Bell State Park, Dickson, TN.  We had an absolute GREAT time and the somewhat crowded camp ground a few did visit and very interested in the Ollie.  One Casita owner was quite familiar and considering a change - we enjoyed talking with him.

Anyway, a few comments about the delivery and first camp experience:

1. Blake and Hunter did a great job explaining the Oliver to us (10AM to 4PM).  The final hour was trying to hook the Andersen Weight Distribution hitch - had to call in the big guns (Jason) who declared our new Andersen WD hitch defective and returned with a new one out of the box, installed, and it worked.  Very painful process for me when we tried to hook up and leave Sunday morning - I am thinking more seriously about a new 3/4 TV and hopefully do away with the Andersen WD hitch altogether.  But, the 11 hour ride back to FL was without incident and the WD hitch appeared to do its job.

2. We had a significant problem Day1; My wife swears not her fault, but, the door locked behind her with all keys inside.  We purchased the auto/code electric locking mechanism and possibly it locked behind her? the code would not open it and all keys were inside. Anyway, had to push skinny wife up through basement, through basement access hatch, and into Oliver to open from inside.  We learned to keep one set of keys in TV at all times.  Still not sure what caused problem, but, kinda regret getting the electronic lock.

3. Had to purge antifreeze before hooking to campground water - not a problem but a bit scary first time.

4. Every thing seems to be working great and we could not be happier!  At home, testing/learning systems and should be a bit more confidence in time for Rally.

Question - At home the Oliver is hooked up to house AC power (120V, 15amp) and we are running lights, frig, television, Roku, etc.; the AC started with Easy Start and ran, but, is it safe to run AC for extended time on house AC power?  Hot in FL, so would like to run Air Conditioner. We plan to get 30amp service soon.

We have run AC on 20 amp home circuit, without problems.  Not ideal.  Jut be sure to use a heavy gauge extension cord and limit the distance to the outlet.

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

On 4/10/2019 at 2:00 AM, Overland said:

There's a good chair thread here.

I ended up ordering the Helinox Sunset chairs that I mentioned in that thread, and I do not regret it.  My wife loves them too, and with no prompting from me, said that with the Helinox we didn't really need to bring the zero G chairs.  They're so incredibly light, yet sturdy.  I got their small hard top table to go with them.  They all go together super quick.  Highly recommended, though I still have feelings for those Kermit chairs.

We love the Helinox Sunset chairs.  They pack down into a very small package.  It takes a while to get the hang of disassembly.  I call them "spider chairs"!

• Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg