BATTERY DISCONNECT SWITCH

mountainborn

• Moderators

Located under the rear dinette seat. The operation is simple and straight forward. Pushing the red button at the center right of the switch disconnects the battery from the coach. When the red button is pushed, a small lever drops down at the lower left of the switch. To reconnect, simply flip the lever back up.

01-22-08_0909.jpg

Our old Class A MOHO, replaced with an Oliver, had no such switch and leaving it plugged into electricity over the Winter would "cook" our batterys to death. Causing replacement before use the next Spring.

No such problem for us now ! We have left a oil filled heater set with the thermostat set low and with only one heating element turned on, all winter. Our Winter has been so mild, and we have been useing our Oliver so often, that we have not Winterized it this year.

Should you be one that has a solar panel on your coach, then you will not even have to reconnect the battery every few of weeks to keep the charge up to snuff.

• Like 1

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

:D Thanks for posting that. I'll file it away. These trailer have more little ideas built into them. Had the switch bought but not yet installed in the Casita when it sold so gave it and my other uninstalled stuff to the new owners. Great couple that will fun with the Margerita Casita :!:
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Chuck said:

These trailer have more little ideas built into them.

>

You know, buddy, that is more than good engineering, it is the product of years of hands on use and common sence. It is the kind of thing that endears a particular coach to the users.

>

By the way, I see that Lane and the Poodle girls have made their way pretty well out there into the desert SouthWest, posting on CasitaClub, had any contact with them, or are they still aways off yet ?

• Like 1

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)