Front graphic size?

Landrover

I ordered my Elite ll without the front graphic. I’m having the graphic of a compass made, which I saw on another  OTT. Would anyone have the size measurements for the front graphics, so I can have the compass graphic made to similar in size. Much appreciated.

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

We ordered our new Elite II without the front and rear graphics as I will have one custom done after I come up with a design that works for us. I did have then do the side graphics in the pinstripe design in one color, light gray, which can be easily pulled off if I choose to do so at a later date.

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• Moderators

One benefit of NOT having a front graphic is that it makes for easier cleaning - especially getting the bugs off.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

I’ve got tons of pictures!  Here’s a couple of recent...

At Stephen F. Austin State Park near Houston in November.

5A26E2AF-B903-4EFB-A74C-0AC1830E3087.thumb.jpeg.64c0721c91a685d5606e3c4a9c537a4b.jpeg

Pinnacles National Park in February.

0020DA8B-D467-4872-B945-EFB0C64E9F5B.thumb.jpeg.ba4a5a24dde67c40d2a7b317b73cdd4d.jpeg

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Well, back in the day we did get updates.  Ours went into production in Oct 15 and we got some pictures in Jan 16 from Anita.  I had questions along the way so we also got email updates.  Their production rate is higher now and I’m not sure they have as much time to walk around the factory floor to take pictures.  I don’t know if they do email updates as each stage of your trailer is complete.  Mike

• Thanks 1

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

I believe that Mike is correct.  Even calling just might not result in a bunch of information in that it is rare for the sales staff to go over to the plant - they are simply too busy.  If you are having severe anxiety issues you might try to bribe Phil (I'm thinking a promise of beer and or donuts here) but he is also a very busy person these days.  Another avenue might be to monitor the forum being on the lookout for anyone that is either taking a tour or about to get delivery.  If you were to send them a PM asking for help on pictures you might get some help.

Good luck - it really wouldn't be long now until its your day.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I get that they are very busy. And i know its all about the money, and No, no anxiety issues. This is my opinion  only.  Oliver is a family owned, custom built trailer. You plan, research emails back and forth, you put your initial deposit to wait weeks before your build date. More phone calls and emails to get it right. Then your build time arrives. No more change. I get that. But then it ends, no more follow up. Will let you know when to pick up the trailer. ( maybe I’m wrong) I hate keep referring to airstream. They invite you to the plant during the build and let you photo the build as many times as you would like to return. Something simple like hiring someone not for sales, but to keep track of customer builds. I’m not saying daily up dates. Maybe,  by weekly quick email and photo.  It was done at the start, it would show even more passion of the build. Just a thought.

Ours had no logo when we got it. The previous owner said the original "came off".

So I added our "howling at the moon" logo.  It's about 12" in diameter.

We also have it in about 5" on the back window of the camper shell and near the entry door.

coyote-logo.thumb.jpg.7d3d1a6e066cde1556b938f58aa64ad3.jpg

• Thanks 1

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

• Moderator+
How does one remove the factory graphics to replace with something more personal!

The graphics will peel cleanly off with the use of a heat gun or hair dryer.

• Thanks 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators
How does one remove the factory graphics to replace with something more personal!

I peeled the factory front graphics off at our first campsite at Land Between the Lakes in the hot sun and had no problem.

I hate keep referring to airstream. They invite you to the plant during the build and let you photo the build as many times as you would like to return.

I’m sure any owner who has a trailer being built could visit the factory and take pictures of their trailer.  They welcome visits to the factory.

Heat is the main ingredient to remove decals, this is for decals that are somewhat new, but even good quality decals can be removed 10 plus years old. Sun light works great and if the outside temperatures are in the 80's plus a heat gun or hair dryer will probably not be needed, but they will speed up removal. Just work the edge of the decal with your fingernail to start the removal process, I would stay away from sharp metal objects as they can scratch the fiberglass, or in the case of painted vehicles the paint. Pull slowly when removing, it's going to take sometime, but that's how they will turn loose, a good slow pull of the decal at a 45 degree back against it is how it will come off the best. Remember the older the decal the longer it's going to take to remove it. Sometimes the decal glue will stay on the surface, you will need something like GooGone to remove it, there are professional cleaners that automotive paint supplies sell, but I would go into that.

trainman

Some of the new graphic vinyl have micro channels built into the back. This allows an easy removal of air, so no bubbles and easy application. This took about 10 minutes, at a campsite, to install. Most of the time was cleaning. Bugs and dirt wash right off. The factory supplied hull # took 1/2 hour and might still have a few little bubbles..

IMG_20170913_1756593_rewind.thumb.jpg.6f6fcd9c0ed089818c5c31b9fe43b179.jpg

IMG_20170428_1425554_rewind.thumb.jpg.f96fb2af010f656ad34b26dc88f77309.jpg

You can also remove the original stickers with a pressure washer. That’s how the sign shops do it.

When installing, doing it on a hot summer day will help since the vinyl will be more flexible.  I had good luck starting at the top and then stretching it slightly as I went down. Spraying some water on the surface before applying will give you the flexibility to peel the vinyl back if you start to get a wrinkle. If you do get a wrinkle, a hairdryer will shrink it away if it isn’t too big and you haven’t creased it.

Patience is key.

Mine, at 24”, feels a little big to me. That may be just the nature of a simple design looking larger, or maybe that extra half inch makes all the difference.

• 3 months later...

So is it better to have your graphic made of several colors of vinyl materials, or have it printed onto one piece of graphic material. I heard that printed is much less expensive then to have each color cut on the machine then placed on transfer material and done that way. I would assume that sign shops can do printed designed logos easier on there computers then the other way. So which way should I go on this from your past experiences.

trainman

The printed substrate is thicker vinyl than the solid color, plus with the solid you get sharp edges and no rasterized color.  All that is really only a potential problem on something you see close up.  On the front graphic, I don't think it matters; but if you do something on the side, it may be worth paying extra.

I could only find one place in town that was even willing to do separate colors, and they really didn't want to.

One other problem that I ran into with the printed version of my side graphics is that, because of their geometry, they had a difficult time registering the print to the cutout.  The final version isn't perfect, but I'm the only one who would notice.  But of course, if I could do it over, I'd insist on separate colors rather than printed.

I want to say that the warranty was better on the printed version - something about the ink itself acting as a barrier to UV, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got the art work back from the sign shop and here is the new designed logo for our trailer. It will be 22" round, the "Lone Star Travelers" is what we call ourselves, the Ft. Worth city emblem is on the state part as that's were we live. Don't think we copied anyone else, only exception is the state logo part was taken from our new Ram as it is a Lone Star Edition sold by Ram in Texas, the rest is my brain at work. Now if you see us camping, or elsewhere stop by we want to meet you as we are new to the Oliver world.

trainman

Lone-Star-Travelers-Logo.thumb.jpg.7d3c2964a93d782d240e8db70199a2be.jpg

• Thanks 3

I just got the art work back from the sign shop and here is the new designed logo for our trailer. It will be 22″ round, the “Lone Star Travelers” is what we call ourselves, the Ft. Worth city emblem is on the state part as that’s were we live. Don’t think we copied anyone else, only exception is the state logo part was taken from our new Ram as it is a Lone Star Edition sold by Ram in Texas, the rest is my brain at work. Now if you see us camping, or elsewhere stop by we want to meet you as we are new to the Oliver world.

trainman

Nice work

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
On 4/10/2019 at 1:47 AM, Trainman said:

Heat is the main ingredient to remove decals, this is for decals that are somewhat new, but even good quality decals can be removed 10 plus years old. Sun light works great and if the outside temperatures are in the 80's plus a heat gun or hair dryer will probably not be needed, but they will speed up removal. Just work the edge of the decal with your fingernail to start the removal process, I would stay away from sharp metal objects as they can scratch the fiberglass, or in the case of painted vehicles the paint. Pull slowly when removing, it's going to take sometime, but that's how they will turn loose, a good slow pull of the decal at a 45 degree back against it is how it will come off the best. Remember the older the decal the longer it's going to take to remove it. Sometimes the decal glue will stay on the surface, you will need something like GooGone to remove it, there are professional cleaners that automotive paint supplies sell, but I would go into that.

Has anyone ever removed the stripes on the side of the camper?  If I purchased a used OTT and the stripes just happened to be the same color as those used by my college football teams rival, they might have to come off.

• Moderators

A number of people have changed them up. Just beware, that just like anything else, uv can change the uncovered area to a slightly different white than that covered by the stripes.  Solution: slightly larger graphics. Imo.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.