12v power shut off

Newshoes

Just going through “basic training” here. How do I shutoff power from the batteries to the 12v system on the legacy elite? The wiring diagram appears to show a 50 amp breaker! Still looking for that,Help! Please!

thank you

2019 Legacy Elite #431;  2019. TV 2019 GMC Canyon Denali, crew cab, 4X4, Long bed, Duramax Diesel.

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

Sorry but I don't know nuffin about the Elite.  But on the Elite two I would be looking for a black square with a red button in the center of it.  When you push the red button a yellow flag will come out of the right side of the square.  To re-set the breaker all you have to do is push the yellow flag back into the black square.  Hopefully this helps you.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Thanks Bill!

I had not invested any brain cells on the 12V system isolation breaker, so I am glad you answered.

For the eight month "winter" of my Oliver, to eliminate any power draw from my batteries, I disconnected the battery cables at the batteries.  Sounds like I could save some time by just pushing the red button to kill ALL the 12 volt power in the E2.

Do you see any issue with that approach?

Thanks,

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

If you have an inverter, it is wired up separately with great big cables and a big inline fuse. You would need to disconnect the ground cables at the batteries to kill it.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

Both John and Overland are correct and there MIGHT be other things not wired through that (those) breakers (hint: look at your batteries and if there are any wires that are not really big ones - especially if these little wires are of a color other than red or black it is a good sign that something else is running directly off the batteries).  For short term purposes this breaker can help but it is better to not use it as a longer term battery drain solution.  In addition - remember that when "playing around" with things of an electrical nature you should make sure that you are NOT plugged into shore power or a generator and that your solar (if you have it) has been turned off.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"