TV and Cable outside connection uses

I have an Omni portable antenna that sets on a tripod with coax cable for hookup. My question is will the outside cable/TV plug work with this antenna as I did not order the factory Omni antenna from Oliver, I also assume that if they have cable at the camping ground it will also plug in here, like most, antenna inputs are done at the TV.

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• Moderators

Our 2008 has a coax feed connection, actually, two. One near the rear bumper, and one on the curb side. we have only used the one by the bumper in a test mode with an antenna, just to see if it wouldwork in an emergency. I don'twatch tv.

I don't know about the newer trailers.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Like Mike, my 2016 (hull #117) has that input on the street side near the bumper.  I've only used it a couple of times for cable TV input at a commercial campground.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Talked with Phil at Oliver and he says it will work, one of the outside cable connectors is for the Satellite TV and the other is for Cable/TV inputs. If you use the Cable/TV input port you will need to go to your TV's Inputs (that's with the outside antenna plugged into the coax plug outside) and set it to which input source you are using. The TV will scan the channels and put them in the TV for you and if you are in a camping ground that has Cable it will do that to. No difference if you use the factory Omni TV antenna, or plug one into the Cable TV outside port, you still have to adjust the TV's Inputs.

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.