How much do you pay to register your Ollie, and your other vehicles?

John E Davies

Washington had inexpensive renewal fees a long time ago. They tried changing that to a "value based" fee that was a big percentage of the car's blue book value. That meant over $3000 annually for high dollar cars. You can imagine the turmoil that started... they discarded that after a couple of years. Now they are attaching fee after fee in an attempt to fund projects. State park donation ($5), State Park pass ($30) organ donor donation, etc. All pre-checked "options" that you have to deselect before you proceed.

My Ollie tag was $67 this year. Base fee was $30 plus a bunch of miscellaneous small stuff. Plus:

RV Sanitary Disposal $3.00 (funds public dumps which I don't use)

Abandoned RV Disposal $20 (so they can round up all the junkers abandoned by homeless people)

Transportation Benefit District - Spokane $20 (for mass transit)

My cars are a little higher at $84, they don't include the RV stuff but do include a weight based fee of $25 (for no apparent reason - potholes?). In the Olde Days I paid $15 per vehicle per year. LOL.

WA has always charged sales tax on vehicles, even those brought in from out of state, based on sales price x the local tax rate (8.8%). So for my "Mouse" I had to pay about $5450 in tax just to get the plate. Yikes.

Then there is this one from Seattle ... https://patch.com/washington/seattle/1-500-car-tab-renewal-puget-sound-residents-shocked-fees

How are things in your state?

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

We pay around $70.  It will be a little more this year because I got a “Texas State Parks” license plate and there is a fee for that, most of which goes to the Parks system which we use a lot.  Mike

• Thanks 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

In the great state state of Georgia you not only get to pay 7% sales tax on your new Ollie then you annually pay about $750 ad valorem (personal property) tax to register it. It does go down a bit every year. Surprisingly if you buy a motor home there is only a one time charge of 7%.

• Thanks 1

TN - about as cheap as your going to find for tags. Sales tax is the kicker - around 9% depending on your county. After the purchase its just yearly renewal - my truck is $26.50 and the Ollie $17.50, plus a fee if you use online. I just go the county courthouse - takes about 5 min.

RB

• Thanks 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

Hawaii no sales tax, but $550 a year to register.... for a trailer that will never see a single sunset in Hawaii it seems a bit high.

I'm looking into going "Out of State Registration" and pay sales tax in Texas on my now used Oliver and import it and pay $56 annually to register it.  Long term a good investment.

• Thanks 1

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

Mark, I have read that other states are cracking down on out of state owners having bogus “Montana LLCs” to avoid paying sales tax on their expensive motorhomes. How is that going, do you know? Is Montana pursuing these owners and also the so-called  “lawyers” doing this for them?

Not that I would mind having a MT plate on my trailer..... I love the state other than the Californicated hot spots like Boseman and Whitefish.. LOL. OTH Helena is just about the coolest capital I have ever seen.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I've seen one of those rigs, Mark.  Really nice setup.

I heard Colorado is seriously making life more difficult for RV owners and claimed home of record residency requirements.

I hadn't heard anything about this.  Can you please elaborate?  A quick Google search didn't turn up anything meaningful.

2018 OLEII #344   |   2018 Ford Expedition

AZCACOGAKSMONMTNWYsm.jpg