Not receiving email notifications on private messages/ pm

Soooooo, do you have any idea why I never receive an email notification when a new PM is waiting? I have to check my messages weekly or more often, I never get notified. None of these features have worked for me.... and it’s not going into my Spam folder.

CB6817BC-0791-4061-9008-ECD25BD292A6.thumb.jpeg.4127bdc8f6c832e628f751944bc0106e.jpeg

2F537D67-3768-430A-A176-B0997D9C078D.thumb.jpeg.e467477320a657b750ca41b7a1ebdb42.jpeg

Thanks.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

John,

It looks like only the web notifications (bell) are working for you. I normally keep email notifications off, so I will test this with a pm from another user account I have, to myself.

I turned the email notifications off years ago, because I am in the forum so often, anyway..

Is anyone else getting email notices on private messages? Or anything else?

Obviously, I need to edit the above post if this is not working. And, try to get help to make email notifications work.

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

John, I tried my experiment, private messaging between my two accounts ( user, and moderator). Both times the web notification worked (red dot on the bell), but in neither case did I get email notification. I did, curiously, get an automatic notication through email from Oliver that I had changed my account settings.

I will edit the original post, split this off the topic, and ask for some clarification from admin. The only email notifications I'm getting are account changes, and if I follow a topic.

Thanks for the help.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Sherry, my mistake, I do get web notifications, the alert bell, but I never read them. I should just turn them off.... however I do want to be notified of PMs by email, and that for sure has never functioned.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Administrators

The way email notifications for pms work is:

If you have not been logged in for more than 1 hour = sends email notification for pms.

If you are logged in or have been logged in within the last 1 hour = no email notification for pms.

Full Stack Developer/Marketing @ Oliver Companies

Oliver Forums Guidelines & Rules

• Moderators

That makes sense. No need for duplicate notifications.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4