Ordered our Ollie today!

Calypso

We sold our motorhome a couple of weeks ago, after deciding it was too big to go where we wanted.  Have decided on an Elite II, should start production July 1st.  We hope to pick it up September 3rd and head north on a maiden voyage to Michigan before returning home to Pensacola, Fl. Now we just need to find a tow vehicle!

Bob and Cheryl Ayers, with Argus the Wonder Dog

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Bob and Cheryl (and Argus the WD), welcome!  We can definitely get our Oliver in some places other campers couldn’t even attempt. Good luck on the tow vehicle search, you can get lots of opinions here!  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Congratulations on the sale of your motorhome. Now the wait begins for the new Oliver. Welcome aboard!

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

I remember being told after I ordered that "it will not be long now".  While that wasn't true, the wait did give me a chance to read everything on this Forum, ask questions, and get prepared.  Since the three to you appear to be "seasoned" in the RV sense, I'm guessing that the preparation will not be too bad.  But, getting those things that you want for your new Ollie will still take some time.  On the good side of the wait is that you should still have some wonderful weather to enjoy after you pick her up.

Welcome!

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Welcome aboard, you made a good choice. As far as a tow vehicle there are many 1/2 ton pickups that can do the job, just get one with the right tow options and you should be ready to go. As you will see many put there tow vehicle down at the bottom of there post and you can see what many are using.

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• Moderator+
We started out looking for a 1/2 ton last week, but after spending time (alot) on this board we decided to look for a 3/4. Thanks for the welcome.

Bob

Good choice, I promise you won’t go wrong there. More torque, better fuel mileage and generally larger fuel capacity.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg