TV pixelates when bathroom fan is turned on

hobo

Just doing the first sea-trial this weekend and noticed while laying in bed testing the TV, the picture went to heck when my wife turned on the bathroom fan.  We were watching over-the-air, local television via the omni-directional antenna.  Is this normal?  We didn't bring a DVD to test so we don't know if this is only associated with live TV or the entire video system at this time.

Otherwise, everything is going fine thus far except the weather.  Solid rain forecast for today.

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

• Moderators

Nope - not normal.  Did you turn the signal booster "on" - a green LED should light when you press the small black button on a switch usually located in the "attic" (large storage compartment at the back of the camper)?

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Yes, the Winegard Omni-Directional antenna is on.  I even re-booted it to make sure.  Green light is on.

After re-boot, we still have pixelation after turning on bathroom fan.  This seems to be the only thing that affects the TV.  Otherwise, the picture is great except some minor pixelation at times probably due to the fact that we're pretty far from any real TV stations.

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

• Moderators

Looks like you got it covered - when the TV stations are weak in the first place just about anything that is possible will make them worse.  I guess you could put an RF filter on that bathroom fan, but, it hardly seems worth it to me.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Bill,

I think you're right.  What was a very nice picture this morning is now pixelating on it's own due to (presumably) the heavy weather we're experiencing today.

I'll retest in an area with both better over-the-air signals and nice weather.