Zamp external port/plug wiring schematic

The schematics in my manual depicting the Zamp solar wiring diagrams does not include any reference to the remote plug. Does anyone know where it ties to the system:  straight  to the batteries, or to the solar charge controller. I can see where it enters the interior, and has an inline 10 amp fuse, but I don't want to pull all the access points to trace it down.

I have a spare small 40 watt panel and charge controller I am thinking about carrying. Thus the question. I thought I read somewhere the plug went directly to the batteries - but I cannot find that post.

I'll check with Oliver Mon if not answered sooner. Thanks all.

RB

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

They should go directly to the batteries, both wires.That is how my factory installed Furion port is wired. You should be able to see them coming into the battery compartment if you slide the tray out. My wires were dangling loose. I added split loom and secured them properly.....

The system is intended to accept the regulated current from a stand-alone panel (in the 100 to 120 watt range) with its own onboard controller. I have to ask why you would bother to carry a 40 watt one. That is more suitable for long term storage (trickle charging) when the main panels are completely dark.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Thanks John,

I checked the battery tie-ins, did not appear to me that the aux port terminated there, if tied in, it is done somewhere else. I will double check with the Oliver guys. As for the smaller solar panel, I primarily will use it to keep the batterie's charged while parked under a covered area, far from shore power. If I find additional solar is needed while actually out in the boonies, I'll go larger, for sure.

RB

• Thanks 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

• Moderators

40 watts in the sun is better than none. Imo.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.