I found out why I bought an Oliver

donk1100

Now you know why we are purchasing an Oliver and it's not just because it's the classiest trailer in camp, it's because of service. I wouldn't want to have to bring my trailer back to Hohenwald just for service, but I would if need be for something like that. They know what to do and have everything there to correct the problem, I personally wouldn't want Joe Blow RV Repair taking my Oliver apart and trying to make repairs.

trainman

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

Access to the black tank is pretty good, all the downstream connections are wide open under the front dinette area. I personally would never travel to TN for a simple repair like that. Can you post a pic of what is leaking? If it is the flexible rubber slip joint you can try tightening the hose clamps. I would also check the ones on the smaller grey water line and at the back of the tank itself. That might take care of it. Five minute job, max, once you find a screwdriver...

IMG_1842.thumb.jpg.196ae29d80ec98df56d6051641a06778.jpg

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I took my EII back to Oliver due to a non-working furnace, and had a few minor issues addressed. Other than the drive time to and from, (left the unit there) and the actual waiting for the time slot, I was extremely pleased with the service. Ritchie and his team took care of my issues. I doubt any other RV manufacturer would be as responsive. One thing that should be considered - for the premium price we pay for our Oliver's, top notch customer service should be a given, and I am pleased that is the case.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

One thing that should be considered – for the premium price we pay for our Oliver’s, top notch customer service should be a given, and I am pleased that is the case.

I'm also thinking that there must be a positive feedback loop or "virtuous circle" accompanying this top-notch customer service: Every time the Oliver company needs to address a problem with a unit sold to a previous customer, they must be considering how to avoid some of these problems in design and construction of Ollies sold to future customers.

The process must benefit the company in a few ways, one of which, of course, is avoiding the expense of addressing after-sales problems. Another is assuring continuous improvement in the quality of their product. It is a win-win situation for both the company and its customers in a number of ways. I'm thinking that other companies that avoid taking this much responsibility for after-sales problems just loose out on creating this virtuous circle.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Onward through the Fog!

EarthPicks of Cochise County

AZCACOKSMONVNMORTNTXUTmed.jpg

• 7 months later...

Please tell us how this ended....

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Administrators
On 5/6/2019 at 9:22 AM, Spike said:

I'm also thinking that there must be a positive feedback loop or "virtuous circle" accompanying this top-notch customer service: Every time the Oliver company needs to address a problem with a unit sold to a previous customer, they must be considering how to avoid some of these problems in design and construction of Ollies sold to future customers.

The process must benefit the company in a few ways, one of which, of course, is avoiding the expense of addressing after-sales problems. Another is assuring continuous improvement in the quality of their product. It is a win-win situation for both the company and its customers in a number of ways. I'm thinking that other companies that avoid taking this much responsibility for after-sales problems just loose out on creating this virtuous circle.

This is one of the main reasons we sell direct. The constant feedback from our owners keeps us on our toes and we continue to improve how our trailers are built. Manufacturers that sell through dealerships have less (or barely any) communication with the actual owners that buy their RVs. Dealerships don't always have the intentions and care of the manufacturer either. They can be misleading or not prioritize customer service like we do.

I have been with the company since 2013. I can honestly say that there are a lot of features and components on our units that came directly from our owners experiences. Some did their own modifications. Some made suggestions. The user feedback is important to us.

In the end, our goal is to build the best camper we can make, back it up with great customer service and want owners to be safe and enjoy their experiences in them. You are purchasing a premium product... we know it is more expensive than some trailers. You deserve a premium trailer and a company that cares about it. We are not always perfect, we are human, but we will do our best to make it right when problems occur.

We want to thank everyone for the comments and belief in us!

• Thanks 2
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

Matt Duncan

Marketing Consultant, Oliver Travel Trailers

• 1 month later...

Matt,

Having just placed our deposit/order for a 2020 Oliver Elite ll, what you stated above is exactly why we chose Oliver. My wife and I were very impressed with the plant tour seeing most if not all that goes into building the finest travel trailer made. It’s very apparent to us, Oliver takes pride in their product and backs it with stellar customer service.
We are looking forward to delivery day and we are already booked for the National Rally in Guntersville. 

David & Kathy

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• 6 months later...
On 12/13/2019 at 2:33 PM, MDuncan said:

This is one of the main reasons we sell direct. The constant feedback from our owners keeps us on our toes and we continue to improve how our trailers are built. Manufacturers that sell through dealerships have less (or barely any) communication with the actual owners that buy their RVs. Dealerships don't always have the intentions and care of the manufacturer either. They can be misleading or not prioritize customer service like we do.

I have been with the company since 2013. I can honestly say that there are a lot of features and components on our units that came directly from our owners experiences. Some did their own modifications. Some made suggestions. The user feedback is important to us.

In the end, our goal is to build the best camper we can make, back it up with great customer service and want owners to be safe and enjoy their experiences in them. You are purchasing a premium product... we know it is more expensive than some trailers. You deserve a premium trailer and a company that cares about it. We are not always perfect, we are human, but we will do our best to make it right when problems occur.

We want to thank everyone for the comments and belief in us!

Things are much better for all when you leave out the middleman.  Yes, he needs to make a living, but it shouldn't be at the expense of the manufacturer nor the buyer.  Thank you, Oliver, for selling direct and having pride in your product.

• Like 2

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg