Sign in to follow this  
donk1100

I found out why I bought an Oliver

January 5 2018 I bought my Oliver for work. I live and work from the Oliver 3 to 7 days a week. February 2018 a horrible smell develop, and I discovered a small leak from the joint at the connection next to the black tank; just a drip. Called Rich and Phil about my problem, and they said they would call me back. When they called back, Rich and Mr. Oliver where on speaker phone, and said "How can we make this right?". I said "I want this fixed with the least inconvenience for me as possible". Rich said "We can bring you an Oliver to live-in while we fix yours, or put you up in a local hotel until we can get yours back to you". I realized at that moment why I bought an Oliver. 1 year 5 months, 10 years to go.

Dr. Donald C. Neal with no mechanical skills what so ever.

• Thanks 13

Now you know why we are purchasing an Oliver and it's not just because it's the classiest trailer in camp, it's because of service. I wouldn't want to have to bring my trailer back to Hohenwald just for service, but I would if need be for something like that. They know what to do and have everything there to correct the problem, I personally wouldn't want Joe Blow RV Repair taking my Oliver apart and trying to make repairs.

trainman

• Thanks 2

Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #489, 2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

Access to the black tank is pretty good, all the downstream connections are wide open under the front dinette area. I personally would never travel to TN for a simple repair like that. Can you post a pic of what is leaking? If it is the flexible rubber slip joint you can try tightening the hose clamps. I would also check the ones on the smaller grey water line and at the back of the tank itself. That might take care of it. Five minute job, max, once you find a screwdriver...

IMG_1842.thumb.jpg.196ae29d80ec98df56d6051641a06778.jpg

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

"Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II NARV (Not An RV) Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 33" LT tires, airbags.

I took my EII back to Oliver due to a non-working furnace, and had a few minor issues addressed. Other than the drive time to and from, (left the unit there) and the actual waiting for the time slot, I was extremely pleased with the service. Ritchie and his team took care of my issues. I doubt any other RV manufacturer would be as responsive. One thing that should be considered - for the premium price we pay for our Oliver's, top notch customer service should be a given, and I am pleased that is the case.

• Thanks 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"

ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201524964bac5483378b34b491562080842sm.jpg

One thing that should be considered – for the premium price we pay for our Oliver’s, top notch customer service should be a given, and I am pleased that is the case.

I'm also thinking that there must be a positive feedback loop or "virtuous circle" accompanying this top-notch customer service: Every time the Oliver company needs to address a problem with a unit sold to a previous customer, they must be considering how to avoid some of these problems in design and construction of Ollies sold to future customers.

The process must benefit the company in a few ways, one of which, of course, is avoiding the expense of addressing after-sales problems. Another is assuring continuous improvement in the quality of their product. It is a win-win situation for both the company and its customers in a number of ways. I'm thinking that other companies that avoid taking this much responsibility for after-sales problems just loose out on creating this virtuous circle.

• Thanks 1

Onward through the Fog!

EarthPicks of Cochise County

AZCACOKSMONVNMORTNTXUTmed.jpg