Fiamma leg bracket

One of my Fiamma leg brackets, on the side of the trailer just fell apart in my hand.  This bracket must work, or the leg can lift out in a breeze and wreck the awning.

Look at this picture and see how weak they are.  Just two little 1/8" wide aluminum points hold the cap that prevents the leg from coming out and dropping.  Very weak.  I thought it was made out of stainless until it came off in my hand.

New sets are available for $45. from Oliver.

0-8.thumb.jpeg.db0890be514a0d3f472e837f6074e84c.jpeg

0-7.thumb.jpeg.7d0327f1ac66e89bc3c285de1eefb88e.jpeg

• Thanks 2

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

• 2 weeks later...

Looks too complicated to make one from a solid piece of aluminum or stainless. I’d buy some online maybe less expensive than from Oliver, unless somehow they would be warranted through Fiamma. I think that I’ll get at least one as a spare. Something small like this could really mess up a long trip! I’m assuming that the screws just thread into the fiberglass? In other words, there’s not a nut or something else loose on the back?

2017 Elite II, Hull #208

2019 Chevy HD 2500 Duramax

• Moderators

$40 plus tax and shipping on the Fiamma website. I'd call them, anyway, and see if there's been a change in materials, plead my case... Gowesty says "new improved brackets", similar price, plus shipping.

Ours are 11 years old, aluminum, and all the paint has flaked off, but still strong.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I’m assuming that the screws just thread into the fiberglass? In other words, there’s not a nut or something else loose on the back?

The bracket screws are 10-24 machine screws and thread into something inside the outer shell.  I asked one of the service guys, can't remember his name, and was told there were nuts inside.  Yikes!  I carefully removed and re-screwed them back in with no problem. There was silicone on the threads that might also be gluing the nut to something inside.

I'm kinda disappointed in the Fiamma awning, but the new Dometic ones with no legs at all, really strain credibility.

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19