Truck bed slide out trays

Townesw

Steve,

Ken still has the truck and I believe he lives close to Jacksonville.  I am going to buy the truck in August or September.  But, I would be happy to send you the money for the slide whenever you say.  Thanks again because this will make it so much easier for me putting things in and out of the truck.

Nan

I certainly understand getting a cargo slide; in fact, I intend to get one for my new truck.  Just want to mention the 2015 Tundra has carpet and pet screen windows in case you want to carry your dogs in the back.  The cargo slide will create a new challenge for transporting your big dogs in the bed.  Rather than crawl around in the bed, I have used a "pole" to move cargo toward me.  And, when I do need to get into the bed, the carpet makes it easy on the knees.  Once again, I fully appreciate the cargo slide, just wanted to provide additional thinking.  Attached is a picture of the carpeted bed and "pole".

IMG_0509.thumb.jpg.e047e8e40c1e464e91749a4b8d835ac5.jpg

• Like 2

KWR

2019 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull#444

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

Ken,

I was hoping to be able to carry them behind the driver's seat with the back seats folded up or down (however it works).  I think they would take up too much valuable cargo space in the back of the truck. I carry them now in my Sportage with the back seat folded down and I rigged a divider between them and also one to keep them out of the front seat with me.  The pole idea is a good one.  Thanks.

That plan works. We actually carry our lab the same as it is too hot in the far back in FL during many months of the year.

KWR

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

Nan

In addition to the bed length and width measurements of my 2015 Tundra provided earlier in this topic, my truck cap is a LEER Model 180 which is 8 inches higher than the truck cab (not flush with the cab), so you can plan your cargo slide out with that in mind (my understanding, Steve design has a vertical component too)

KWR

• 2 weeks later...

In preparation for my ARE truck cap, I recently had installed (1 hour at $120 - the installers have a forklift) a Cargo Glide, 100% extension, 1500lbs cargo capacity, stops at every 12 inches.   Crawl around in truck bed looking for that chair I thought was packed, careful not to bump my head on the truck cap, simply slide the bed out and take a look.

1500XL.thumb.jpg.931014f1f77a6567935d7cb2282812ab.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

KWR

• Moderator+

We are spending our second night in Antigo, WI. We got here late Sunday afternoon and scoped out the Slide-Master factory. Early this morning we were at the plant where we were welcomed by the sales staff. Matt (sales person) took us to their other facility where all the aluminum fabrication is done. Here Tali and I unloaded and completely disassembled the upper assembly mounted on the slide in our truck. Then their team removed the bare slide and took it into the shop where they removed the older style latching mechanism and replaced it with the latest style.

During the time they were doing the modifications, we returned to town to work with the sales and design folks to create our new slide. They truly build a completely customized product. They worked with us on all the different design issues so I ended up with a slide that incorporates all the features I wanted.

I decided to go with a steel rather than aluminum frame for several reasons.

— There is only a 10% weight increase due the additional amount of aluminum needed to achieve similar weight ratings.

— The cost is significantly less allowing us to add features that we would not have at the higher price of the aluminum model.

— I will be able to weld to it if need be.

Matt is having drawings of the proposed design sent to us for final approval. You’d have to be dealing with the team at Oliver for service better than this.  I highly recommend these folks if you’re looking for a custom slide at prices less than everyone else’s cookie cutter offerings.

We drove from southern Idaho to Wisconsin instead of heading straight for Mississippi just to meet with these folks. I feel like it was well worth the extra time and expense to be able to get this level of service and this quality of a product.

Tomorrow, we will reinstall the slide and head toward home. We left two days after the rally and headed for Alaska. We’ve driven nearly 13,000 miles and we’re still a thousand miles from home.

• Thanks 5
  • Like 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

I hope you took a few days to camp in beautiful Wisconsin. Antigo is on the edge of Door County. I know you've had a long trip, but when would you go back?

There's so much to see in Wisconsin.

Sherry

Ps, what kind of ballast keeps that slideout level with all the stuff you carry? ?

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Steve, this new slide design sounds cool. I know that if you’re designing it that it’ll be great. I can hardly wait to see the finished product! I have been considering a bed slide but now want to wait until I can see your new one.

• Thanks 1

2017 Elite II, Hull #208

2019 Chevy HD 2500 Duramax

• 4 years later...
  • Moderator+
2 hours ago, rich.dev said:

@ScubaRx it's been a few years but do you still have the same bed slide, any pictures? 

I do still have the same bed slide but it is now mounted in a new one ton Silverado rather than the 3/4 ton Silverado it was formerly mounted in. We traded up from the 3/4 ton to the one ton to raise our cargo carrying capacity from 2100 pounds to 3700 pounds. We were about 800 pounds overloaded with the smaller truck. I'll try to get a few pictures up in a few days. I've also mounted a dedicated Battle Born Battery in the bed to take care of the power needs of our Dometic 75 quart refrigerator/freezer also mounted back there.

• Like 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

On the topic of bed trays, does anyone know of a tray system that is EASY EASY EASY to remove and reinstall?  I’m tired of crawling in under the canopy to store/retrieve gear, but since we also use a truck camper I need to have access to the floor of the bed.

Hull #364 - The Roadrunner 

2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L

ALAKAZARCACOFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMSMO

12 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

We traded up from the 3/4 ton to the one ton to raise our cargo carrying capacity from 2100 pounds to 3700 pounds. We were about 800 pounds overloaded with the smaller truck.

Great thanks....we take delivery of our new 2024 Chev Silverado 2500 6.6L with 3658lbs payload on Saturday, a cap will follow shortly and a slide. Also, considering Line-X bed liner spray but not sure if really necessity with the cap.  

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

• Moderator+
40 minutes ago, rich.dev said:

Great thanks....we take delivery of our new 2024 Chev Silverado 2500 6.6L with 3658lbs payload on Saturday, a cap will follow shortly and a slide. Also, considering Line-X bed liner spray but not sure if really necessity with the cap.  

The Line-X is probably not necessary with the bed slide and anyway, it further reduces your cargo capacity. The cap and the bed-slide will take about 5-6 hundred pounds of it anyway but they both are well worth the reduction, in view of security and ease of access to the contents. This will be a sweet set-up for you.

• Like 3

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Wandering Sagebrush said:

On the topic of bed trays, does anyone know of a tray system that is EASY EASY EASY to remove and reinstall?  I’m tired of crawling in under the canopy to store/retrieve gear, but since we also use a truck camper I need to have access to the floor of the bed.

We use a bedrug liner in the Ram (fastens with velcro/hook and loop) , a two step Rubbermaid lightweight  foldable ladder, and an extendable boat hook. You could also purchase containers with wheels, to make it a bit easier. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

2 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

We use a bedrug liner in the Ram (fastens with velcro/hook and loop) , a two step Rubbermaid lightweight  foldable ladder, and an extendable boat hook. You could also purchase containers with wheels, to make it a bit easier. 

Thank you!

We also use the little Rubbermaid folding ladder and boat hook, but keep a 3/4” stall mat in the bed.  I may just put some rope loops on the tops of the action packers to make it easier to grab with the boat hooks.  The stall mat is a cushion for the Northern Lite, and it helps keep it from sliding around.

Hull #364 - The Roadrunner 

2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L

ALAKAZARCACOFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMSMO

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/26/2023 at 1:02 PM, ScubaRx said:

The Line-X is probably not necessary with the bed slide and anyway, it further reduces your cargo capacity. The cap and the bed-slide will take about 5-6 hundred pounds of it anyway but they both are well worth the reduction, in view of security and ease of access to the contents. This will be a sweet set-up for you.

So here’s the finished product, box, sprayed with Line-X, a Leer cap and cargo glide slide! 🙂
image.thumb.jpeg.efe3b9959589fee53fc1f12751a36a68.jpeg

Now, what are you all using for storage on the sides of your slide, the gaps in front and behind the wheel wells?

image.thumb.jpeg.d72fc0a5269cb3234f2e28d0c9b9f76c.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

7 hours ago, rich.dev said:

So here’s the finished product, box, sprayed with Line-X, a Leer cap and cargo glide slide! 🙂
image.thumb.jpeg.efe3b9959589fee53fc1f12751a36a68.jpeg

Now, what are you all using for storage on the sides of your slide, the gaps in front and behind the wheel wells?

image.thumb.jpeg.d72fc0a5269cb3234f2e28d0c9b9f76c.jpeg

I haven't added wheel well storage yet, but this looks like a decent option for a bill. 

VEVOR Truck Bed Storage Box, Lockable Lid, Waterproof ABS Wheel Well Tool Box 6.6 Gal/20 L with Password Padlock, Compatible with Tundra 2007-2021, Driver Side, Black | VEVOR US

• Like 2

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4X4 Truck

2024 Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull 1460

ARILINIAKSKYLAMIMNMONMOHOKPASDTNTXVAmed.

I like this no drill option bed slide offered by Ford for the Super Duty. It’s advertised  that the slide frame work uses the existing bed mounts to secure the base frame. I may do a deeper info dive on this 1500# capacity slide option.

Any forum Super Duty owners using this bed slide? If so please post up your thoughts.

https://accessories.ford.com/super-duty-2018-2021-bed-slide-for-6-75-bed-1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

10 hours ago, Jason Foster said:

I had a similar product mounted under a RetraxPRO Tonneau Cover, but ditched them soon after converting to an A.R.E. bed cap. These boxes require a lot of ‘swing’ space for convenient access (as designed) and are very restrictive as to the size of items placed within. Although they can be accessed in place simply by opening the lid, one would have to crawl onto the tailgate to get into it. Honestly, I found them useless when the bed is packed to the tailgate with camping gear and better use of the space they encumbered. 

• Like 2

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt

12 hours ago, Jason Foster said:

Jason, yes I have looked at these style of storage boxes that swing sideways. The problem with my layout, 1) the slide sides are in the way, I don’t have the swing out space, and 2) my cap is secured to the bed sides with the large G clamps so I don’t think the lid will be able to open all the way. 

Truma water heater & AC

2 hours ago, rich.dev said:

Jason, yes I have looked at these style of storage boxes that swing sideways. The problem with my layout, 1) the slide sides are in the way, I don’t have the swing out space, and 2) my cap is secured to the bed sides with the large G clamps so I don’t think the lid will be able to open all the way. 

I looked at these options as well.  

LUND Fender Well Gun Box | Bass Pro Shops

Dee Zee STEEL WHEEL WELL TOOLBOX WITH DRAWERS (5) (DZ95D) | Zoro

Then there is this.  I like this one the best but it comes with a few problems:  Expensive and access.  I have a foldable tonneau cover so it isn't a problem.  For those that don't have access like that, they will have to crawl in grab it off the wall.

Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (2019 - 2023) - BuiltRight Industries

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4X4 Truck

2024 Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull 1460

ARILINIAKSKYLAMIMNMONMOHOKPASDTNTXVAmed.