Flickering lights

Anyone experiencing flickering lights? Mine do this periodically and at first I thought that there was a defective switch. All of the lights flicker on occasion both inside and outside lights. I have noticed this both during the day and at night and either on shore power or not and either with the battery charger breaker on or off.

2017 Elite II, Hull #208

2019 Chevy HD 2500 Duramax

• Moderators
Anyone experiencing flickering lights? Mine do this periodically and at first I thought that there was a defective switch. All of the lights flicker on occasion both inside and outside lights. I have noticed this both during the day and at night and either on shore power or not and either with the battery charger breaker on or off.

I have not seen this problem.  I assume you are referring to just the 12v DC lighting and excluding the running lights.  If it happens under different power options, I would start troubleshooting on the ground or negative side.  And since it affects all lighting, it should be a main ground connection.  You can move on to the positive side of the circuit after verifying the negative side is good.

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators

Mine sometimes flicker when I turn them on. Sometimes they don’t come on at all, but when I flip the switch off then on they work okay. I figure I’ve got something lose somewhere (trailer, not me), just haven’t made it a priority to investigate. Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

I'd check the main circuit breaker under the street side bed first.  I bumped the red button on mine one time and it unseated the breaker just enough to make the lights flicker a bit.  Firmly pressing the yellow tab back in solved the problem.  I guess vibration could do the same thing.  If not that, then I'd check the ground bus bar under the dinette seat.  Could be a loose screw on the main ground wire, which is the thick yellow one going to the fuse panel.  That wire is super stiff so I could see it staying in place despite being loose.  Some other candidates would be a loose battery cable or a fuse that's not seated correctly.

Right after I posted this question I looked under the pantry side bed turned off the main feed switch from the solar panels and then the 30 amp breaker. I then turned these back on. I also pressed in the yellow flag on the other breaker as well. This seems to have solved the issue but I’ll watch this for a few days to make sure.

2017 Elite II, Hull #208

2019 Chevy HD 2500 Duramax

On that same subject, how long should the  12 volt light bulbs last. I have the one in the bathroom storage completely out and the one on the street side storage next to the pantry emitting a very low light.  Not totally out. All others are fine

• Moderators
On that same subject, how long should the 12 volt light bulbs last. I have the one in the bathroom storage completely out and the one on the street side storage next to the pantry emitting a very low light. Not totally out. All others are fine

My cabinet lights are LED and have a white plastic cover surrounding a plastic lens.  The white cover hides 3 mounting screws.  I can not find any manufacturer info without taking the screws out and dropping the fixture.  It looks to have about 8 LED chip lights looking through the lens.  Usually this lights have 40,000 to 50,000 hour life expectancy and I doubt you are anywhere close to that.  You could get more info by removing the lens and finding the manufacturer and looking up the light.

• Thanks 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

On that same subject, how long should the 12 volt light bulbs last. I have the one in the bathroom storage completely out and the one on the street side storage next to the pantry emitting a very low light. Not totally out. All others are fine

Check the butt splice connections between the fixture pigtails and trailer wiring.

• Thanks 2