21 Foot Oliver Is On It's Way!

dougi

It's currently in the design phase.

I'm told it will have higher interior ceilings and a tandem axles. The trailer is being designed to accommodate larger people who want more space. I saw the first frame for the new trailer being worked on.

Production will be early next year.

Anyone want to trade up to the 21 foot model? If so, call Robert.

Here's a super-secret spy shot I took of the frame last week! I'm told that it will also be a little bit wider, but of course this thing is still pretty early in the design process. Personally, the 17 footer is just the right size for us; however, I'm curious to see what this thing will end up looking like.

Herm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Moderators

We talked to Robert the other day to wish him Merry Christmas, and heard that the new 22 foot Oliver is well into production. The plugs and molds are done (a high tech group was in the factory last time we were there creating a digital image...), and the first prototype Oliver 22 is in stages, on the factory floor. Robert emailed me a few photos:

22BottomShellonFrame013.jpg22BottomShellonFrame012.jpg

22BottomShellonFrame014.jpg

22BottomShellonFrame011.jpg

I have a few more of plugs and molds for interior, if anyone is interested. Can't wait to see the finished product. I know they're shooting for Quartzite, still.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Phil,

It's a little hard to tell from the plug and mold photos. I know there was talk of a couple different floorplans, increased interior height, and an extra closet ... whether that will be an option or not, I'm unsure. Robert will be back in the office next week, and I'll be sure to get more details. We were traveling home from NC when Robert emailed me the photos, so I didn't see them till over the weekend.

I'm excited to see the bottom half nearing completion! I think it looks sweet. I'll transfer some more photos of plug and mold from email to photobucket and post so you can see what I mean.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

More photos of interior plug (I think). North South sleeping, bigger beds look possible, and a great feature in a longer trailer.

22Plug2.jpg22Plug3.jpg22Plug1.jpg22Plug4.jpg

See what you can see....

Raising the refrigerator up off the floor a bit with a cabinet underneath was an initial conversation. I'm trying to figure it out from these photos... Bathroom and original closet are to be about the same, I guess... But I think the dinette/big bed looks larger than our 17. So does the kitchen counter.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators

Got a few more photos from Robert last nite. 22interior3.jpg22interior6.jpg22interior9.jpg22interior4.jpg

It's a work in progress!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• 2 weeks later...

I'm quite impressed with a company that not only listen to what's in the heart and mind of it's customers but, also has the courage to actually strive to be a leader in solving the issues that others ignore. Some months ago, I started a thread on this Oliver Trailer Company on another "World Famous trailer" forum's site..http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161/ai ... 42597.html

The overall response to the Oliver Trailer has been, in my opinion, quite amazing, positive~..

But then, you knew that? (I said...why wouldn't it~!) As a very long time Airstream trailer owner and, one time salesman for the company's products, it takes alot to impress me. To use a another company for comparisons, this trailer,the Oliver 's approach to solving the major issues which others fail to address properly..Make me think of the original GMC Saturn car and, it successful design.In retrospect, I may yet be thrown off that other hallow site for being a turn coat.. :D:lol::D

After spending 40 yrs in and, retiring from the U S aerospace industries, I know a thing or two about quality but, the best is my gut instinct..It tells me you have a winner here~! Good Luck~!

Yes, these trailers are a model of real quality, from the aluminum frame to the fiberglass roof and shells, and everything in between, EXCEPT for the appliances.

IMO, the RV industry has failed the high end, energy conscious consumer when it comes to appliances, but that is nothing Oliver can do much about. 90 plus percent of the RV appliances are sold to RV manufacturers, and they want the cheapest thing they can put in their RV's so as to keep their prices low. Quality, quiet, energy efficient RV appliances are almost non-existent, and consumers will have to raise their voices to change things.

In the mean time, we all have to put up with low quality, loud, energy inefficient RV appliances in our RV's, especially when it comes to the air conditioners and furnaces.

Sherry, those photos are great! I'm a bit surprised to see that the floor plan is not much different than the 17'er, more or less a stretched version of the Oliver we all know and love. It looks like they've added most of the extra 4' to the kitchen and a new cabinet between the side dinette and rear dinette (replacing the infamous stripper pole), and also the rear dinette appears longer with a U-shaped design.

Interesting to see the Oliver is creating a buzz on the AS forum...

Herm

• Moderator+

The 22 foot Oliver is officially in production. The first example has been completed and is at Quartzsite in AZ even as we speak...

I posted a bunch of pics in the 22 foot Oliver photos thread of the first one during its final production stage.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg