Hull #’s 001 thru 047

ScubaRx

• Moderator+

I am curious to know of any forum member that owns one of the 47 original Elites.

I don’t feel enough attention is given to that group of early owners. If you’re a member of that group you may feel left out as virtually all the posts seen today on the forum relate exclusively to the current Elites and the Elite II’s.

If anyone here has one of these units please respond. Please post your hull #, whether you’re the original owner or a subsequent owner and any information or questions you have about your particular unit.

There are several active members here that still own their original units or, like myself, have sold their first Elite and moved into an Elite II. We’re all knowledgeable about the early units that can and do have unique idiosyncrasies due to their having been constructed differently from the current builds. Feel free to mine our knowledge base.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

They are still out there. When I went to (See an Ollie) I met the nicest couple who owned LE11 hull #2 with the amount of traveling they did and how well it looked I was convinced that buying an Oliver was the way to go.

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

Steve I know of one in British Columbia we ran into them at Liard Hot Spring on the way to Alaska on the Alaska Canadian Hwy, a very nice couple that enjoy their Oliver and camping from Canada. Thanks Gary

Gary & Jona

2016 Silverado 2500 Diesel

Legacy Elite II Hull 81 

ALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpgABBCMBNBNLNTNSPEQCSKYTsm.jpg.ba4d4f701cd53ebbd7ccf276c46a23eb.jpg

Steve, Thanks for asking. We own a Legacy Elite I - Route 66 (Hull #24), which we purchased last August.  So far, we have not had any serious issues that we (my husband - lol) have not been able to figure out.  However, I read owners of new Oliver's asking how long the fiberglass/rubber smell lasts.  I was surprised to hear it goes away eventually because ours still has that smell. We have air fresheners in the lower compartments and it seems to air out a bit when we open the windows (or we just get used to it after a few days.)

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

You’re not using the air fresheners that have the new boat smell are you??. Just kidding.  We had a hard time with the factory new smell also.  Our trailer is parked alongside the house so if it’s not raining it’s open.  One thing that seems to help us is vacuuming up any fiberglass dust I come across whenever I am below decks messing around with electric and plumbing.  I have also wiped down most all of the walls, floors and equipment below decks with wet rags.  All of our efforts have been beneficial as the smell is really not noticeable any longer.  Good luck.

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators

Fiberglass should certainly be cured by now, but fiberglass dust could be your issue. I vacuumed ours everywhere I could reach, and cleaned with a damp cloth. Ours was virtually spotless at pickup, but the cleaners forgot about area behind drawers, under the storage lids, etc.

I think Oliver has stepped up the dust control and cleaning over the years.

I saw what I assume was your Route 66 years ago, before it was delivered. Loved the upholstery.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Hi, Jam! Great to see you on the forum again!

Have fun camping with the grands. :)

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderator+

Hey Jennifer.  Glad to see you’re still camping and good to hear from you. I bet your granddaughters are growing right up and I know you’re enjoying having them go with you.

We are on our way to Alaska. Been on the road since the rally and only made it to Grande Prairie, AB so far. At this rate we won’t be there till Christmas!

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

Steve, sorry to stray off topic, but, if you are going that way, theres a cute, clean town campground at Hythe. Older but clean bathrooms in a converted caboose.

It's about an hour west of you.

Strangely, we got some great fish from a mobile vendor in Grand Prairie four years ago... not to be expected on the Prairie.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators

Jennifer, It is so nice to see you have graduated way beyond driveway camping in Revilo!  #14, The Wonder Egg, is still going strong and will be in Quebec this summer.  I hope our wandering paths cross in the future.  Camp on!!

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

Hi Sherry, Steve, and Pete.

Good to hear from members of the"Original 47."

Time flew by and now both granddaughters have graduated from high school. They wanted to go camping before they leave for college.

Such wonderful memories camping with the grandkids and Revilo.

I am most fortunate to "still" camp in the driveway. Everytime I go outside to leave in my truck to go wherever I am going, I pass by Revilo. I am always going inside and enjoying sitting there. It brings me such joy to pretend to be camping, and dreaming of the next opportunity to take Revilo out for an adventure.

How much fun it would be if we could all be at the same camping grounds at the same time.  I am glad others now have the opportunity to enjoy the Oliver experience.  More importantly, I am glad that others are just going camping and enjoying life.   I have told the grandkids forever that I hope they enjoy the journey of life and don't rush to get to the final destination. I wish the same to all. Wonderful to hear from yall.

• Thanks 5
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Well, congratulations to your granddaughters, and to you.

I agree. Keep moving. It's not always forward, but, it's... somewhere. You never know where the next adventure is. Could be just outside the door.

Great advice to the girls.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• 1 month later...

Just saw this post. We purchased Hull # 39 last October from the original owners. We pulled it to Florida this past winter and have been doing local camping this summer. We plan on exploring the Natchez Trace in Sept.. So far we love the Oliver and the way it tows. We have had no major problems.

A5E7911D-7C47-4D4D-B7A1-F2026F6240BF.thumb.jpeg.267ac536a0849dea6f4185db86dfb3a9.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• Moderator+
...We plan on exploring the Natchez Trace in Sept...

We live in Tupelo which is (sort of) the mid point of the Trace. If you have time and are so inclined give us a call. We can show you a few interesting things around the area.

As we were packing up our Elite II today (hull #351) to leave from Ridgway State Park, just north of Ouray, CO, the owner of hull #2 rolled up in his pickup the say Hi.  He said that he first saw his eventual trailer (hull #2) when Jim Oliver was camping in it at Quartsite.  He later visited the factory and bought the exact trailer (hull #2) as a demo unit from Jim.  When he went back to the factory in the early days for a few issues, he said that Jim would ask him to stay at his house as a guest while waiting for the work to be completed.   It sounds like he lived in it for a few years when he first bought in, now it’s just for recreation. I asked if he’d had any issues I should look for and couldn’t think of anything except a leaking double pain window seal.   He was very nice and look forward to meeting him on the road again.   It sounded like he spent little if any time on a computer and won’t stubble on this thread. I thought I’d add to the story by letting everyone know hull #2 is still in service.

• Thanks 5

2013 Toyota Land Cruiser 200

2018 Twin Bed Elite II #351

• Moderators

Omg, that's such a great story. I hope you encouraged him to join the forum.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• 5 weeks later...
  • Moderators

A month or so ago I pulled into a campsite in the NFS campground - Baker's Hole - just north of West Yellowstone, Montana.  Just after I got set up the couple that was camped next door excitedly came over to tell me that my Oliver was only the third one that they had ever seen.  During a tour of the interior I asked them where did they see to first two Olivers.  Then they told me their story about those Olivers being black and red and this very nice man was showing them in Quartzsite, AZ!

Bill

Campers-Vegas-035.jpg.f5b72a3e6fc165aa87007fc223b7c789.jpg

Red-Oliver.thumb.jpg.896f1768b118b66a73bf931a261620bb.jpg

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"