Oliver Windows

I am a few years away from purchasing, and though I know Oliver is a much better product than Airstream, I love the wrap around bay windows on the Airstream.  Now, I am getting ready to have my first RV experience in a 20' Airstream, so I have no experience in staying in a TT.  But, we think we want our bed in the rear, perhaps facing a stream/mountains etc....   I see that the Elite has a back window and side windows that would be in the bedroom, but they are not wrap around. Perhaps this is not something we will want, but it seems to me that it would be nice waking up and having a beautiful  view.  Is there something about the Oliver structure that would prevent them from having the bay wrap around widow, or are the windows in the Elite big enough to take in views?

Just curious and learning.

Thanks!

Dwain

• Moderators

Personally, I like the idea of wrap around windows at the back of the trailer. Any increase in window size anywhere would be good. I’d also like to see a window or two small windows (round portals like on a ship) in the kitchen. Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

A window in the back is best. Most small sites are backin, and best view is usually out the rear window. Not always, but often.

I'm happy with what we have. Wraparound could be an issue in many ways... sun in the morning, with ill fitting shades (or during the night in Alaska. ) More concerns about shifting/ vibration underway. Less double hull area, less insulation for offseason camping. More area for errant rocks to catch while towing on gravel...

Less upper cabinet area for storage, if the window were larger.

Anyway, like I said, happy with our winow in an original Legacy. Already most of the back area.

I would never look at one of the trailers with rear bath. Too limiting in view, as I said, most often for us, the best view is out the back window.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I still like the idea of a window right behind the sink. The type of window in the bathroom would be the right size with clear glass. Seems like it would be a easy fix.

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

I know the bigger Airstream has tinted glass single pane windows. Do the smaller ones (Bambi, Caravel) use glass or plastic? The Ollie windows are thermal glass, double pane. They are pretty good at insulating the interior but not nearly as good as the hulls themselves. I wouldn’t want a bunch of extra area for additional heat loss or gain. This is a winter camper, it can’t have a bunch of additional openings in the hull and remain as capable as it is.

The view out the three rear windows is fine. It isn’t panoramic but it works.

4DA9F82F-AEFB-43F1-A9C5-579AF726AC4D.thumb.jpeg.97f20799a95088d59932305ea370fd0f.jpeg

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

Our original series trailers have an awning type rear window, that opens about six or 8 inches at the bottom. The current slider probably offers better airflow in the temperate months. The old style awning window is also an emergency exit window.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.