parts number for quick-release bumper pins and reflectors

Hey, folks.

Anyone have part numbers (Amazon?) for the following:

- The Monroe(?) quick-release bumper pins

- front/rear reflectors

For the pins they definitely look like the ones in Monroe's catalog but I can't find any matching the "usable length". As for the reflectors, well, they are nothing special but one came off on my x-country trip and I'd like to replace it with a something matching the rest and perhaps have a couple of spares.

• Moderators

Since there hasn't been an immediate response here, I'd suggest a call to the "Service" number listed above.  With a bit of sweet talking they just might be able to get either the supplier and/or part numbers for you.  Of course they could also sell you the parts you need, but, I assume that you might be looking for a less expensive source or, if you are still under warranty, Oliver will simply mail them to you.

Bill

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Nrvale0:

I had to replace my bumper pins.  Numerous vendors on line.  Google “quick release pins.”  Opt for stainless steel, 3/8” diameter, and minimum of 3” useable length.  My replacements were/are 3.5” useable length and work fine.  Good luck.

John Shkor. SailorsAshore

• Thanks 3

I wasn't sure if the 3.5" pins would work but now that I look at the mechanism it looks okay and that would be an easy option.

FWIW, the Parts folks at Oliver (they have a ticketing system) got back to me and it looks like their prices for replacements are lower than anything I found online.

FWIW, the Parts folks at Oliver (they have a ticketing system) got back to me and it looks like their prices for replacements are lower than anything I found online.

What was their price for a pin including shipping? Specs for a 3” grip length pin with lanyard ....https://www.mcmaster.com/94748a434

BTW I try to make a habit of never inserting one pin without immediately ensuring that the second one is in place, and I always do a trailer walk around before departing every stop and double check to make sure some vandal did not remove one for fun (I also check cargo, TPMS senders, hitch and cables the same way.)

Those members who needed a new pin.... did you screw up or did it fail in some way? The ball detent mechanism is a weak point, and it can clog up with grit. You can flush them out with brake cleaner or preferably a dry lubricant or silicone spray.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.