Black tank dumping - disturbing news

• Moderators

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f42/walmart-overnight-parking-13082-79.html

I just saw this over on Airforums. Someone in a big motor home dumped his black tank onto a Walmart parking lot. Police were called and he will pay for clean up costs. The Walmart will no longer allow RV overnight parking. Should there be a common sense test for RV ownership?

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

And then again, five years later, another bus...

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2009/04/keith_urban_steals_tour_bus_tu.html

Really, we often say a license for small boats would be a good thing in Florida. Rvs, maybe. At least, get your ducks in a row...

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

That is very disturbing. In the past we have mentioned on the forum draining a fresh water (or grey water) tank en route from your campsite to lighten the trailer. I can’t recommend draining either one, especially since incidents like the Walmart dump do happen. Somebody might see that water draining and call the coppers on you. At the very least it is a bad reflection on responsible RV life.

I admit that I did this one time, I opened my fresh water tank drain as I drove away from a forest service campsite on gravel roads. The water had stopped flowing by the time I reached a civilized road. This was around 1988.... in the only other RV that I have owned.

Please dump responsibly.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

I allowed my fresh water tank to drain once while on my last leg home.  After having numerous passing cars honk and point and watching their faces, I realized they thought it might have been the "icky stuff" and from then on, in order to play nice with the public and not trash their opinion of us travelers, I've never "let it go" while driving down the road.

I could never imagine letting out the black water tank in other than an approved tank.

• Thanks 1

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

Part of my head and heart wants to believe this was an accident, and no one would have so little respect for others to do this.  With that said, the other half of my head and heart cannot imagine having so little respect for one's self and others as to even think about dumping human waste in an open parking lot!  Surely there is some environmental agency to step in and investigate?  If done once, it probably wasn't the first time.  The very thought of disease breeding is frightening.  Paying for the clean up is one thing, but surely an additional fine is warranted!