How to change "source input" for using DVDs on the Jensen TV with the remote.

hobo

We can change the source input on the television itself but can't seem to do it via the Jensen remote (we have the newer Jensen TV and Jensen stereo that uses a single remote.)  I have a service request in for that answer but thought maybe someone can give me a "using the remote for Dummies" quick answer.  Pushing the obvious buttons on the remote doesn't do anything.

Thanks, Hobo

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

[postquote quote=174868][/postquote]

I think our systems are different.  The 2019 models have a Jensen TV and a Jensen Stereo which are already interconnected and use a single remote for all functions.

Our DVD player is built into the stereo.  I think we may have broken the code though.  I have to turn the TV power on separately on the remote and then when I want to use the DVD, I have to then power on the stereo separately.  The function for changing the source of the signal going to the TV is  controlled (I think) by the stereo outputs and not the TV inputs (or vice versa).  I finally got it to work but I'm not sure I could do it again.

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

I have the 2019 new Jensen and struggle with it too (but, I struggle with all technology, so, it is definitely me).  I will be at the Mothership July 15 (small amount of warranty work) and plan to get one of those young techie types to show me how to work the remotes.  Seems I have a TV remote, Jensen remote, ROKU remote (I did that one),  MaxFan remote, and power awning remote.  May have missed a remote or two, not in the Oliver counting remotes at the moment.  Drawer full of Remotes and packs of batteries to keep all the Remotes fed.

• Thanks 1

KWR

2019 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull#444

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

Did in fact read the instructions and followed them.  Problem is nothing happened.  TV still read "no signal".  We finally got it working by manually switching the input mode on the TV (on side of the TV).  We could watch the DVD but couldn't get it fired up via the remote (initially) .  I might play with it again this weekend to see if changing the remote power selections works to resolve.  I'm fairly sure it's operator error and not anything wrong with the system.

• Moderators

[postquote quote=174853][/postquote]

[postquote quote=174918][/postquote]

I wonder why KWR has multiple remotes and hobo only has one.

Mike

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

[postquote quote=174942][/postquote]

We actually have two remotes.  One for the TV/stereo combination and one for the Maxfan.

The combination remote must be a fairly new change as the one we have is not pictured in the 2019 owner's manual.  Ours looks to have many more buttons than the one pictured.

Here's the "truth in lending statement":  My wife is the tech savvy part of this partnership.  I'm the guy that can't even spell "ATM" much less use one.  (Seriously, I've never used an ATM.)    Same with a debit card.  I don't use those either.  I pay cash (issued to me by my spouse) , use "credit" or write (please don't say it) a check.

After all, how many pictures of Hobos have you seen with  them carrying a cell phone or laptop??

• Thanks 2

Attached photo of my Remotes.  The only remote not in my 2109 Oliver LE2 when picked up April 2019 (Hull#444) is the Roku remote.  My young adult tech-savy kids shared with me the wonderous world of Roku - With internet connection through either my WifiRanger or my Verizon Jetpack 8800L, I am able to watch an incredible amount of TV (including my ESPN channels).  Not sure why would ever need satellite dish (except possible for those areas where internet is not available).

Anyway, I seem to have two removes for my Jensen setup - one for the TV and one for the Jensen stereo system (I can not use either very well).

Oliver-Remotes.thumb.jpg.929b10646eaf1161897b6bf5dc0fae36.jpg

• Thanks 1

KWR

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

And I failed to mention, the white remote is for my power awning

KWR

[postquote quote=175125][/postquote]

Not sure why you have 2 Jensen remotes.  The one on the far left is the only one we have.  To use it for the stereo, hit the "DVD" button and then the "power" button.  This now allows us (you) to change the functions (stations, volume, etc.) on the stereo via the remote.  If only using the TV, just hit "TV" and then "power" and you're in the TV mode.  This is how it was explained by Hunter when we took delivery.

• 2 years later...

We got our Elite 2 in 2019. We've had it mothballed in a storage bin. Just brought it to a trailer park. 

We are trying to watch TV with it. The trailer has 2 outside ports: cable & satellite. I hooked the RV park's cable to the Ollie's cabel port. 

I selected source TV. It asks me to scan for channels. I don't find any when I do that.

Am I doing something wrong?

Bruce & Vas

That fixed it. Tuesday, I'm going to have Internet connected. I think they use the coax. I'm hoping the coax in the cabinet over the TV was wired to the outside coax too. Does anyone know if the coax in the cabinet over the TV is connected to the outside coax?

Bruce & Vas