Ships ahoy!

rideadeuce

Cool, that is the 8,5” model, correct? What kind of batteries and how do you change them and adjust the time?

Does it tick?

I much prefer analog timepieces.

John Davies

Spokane Was

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

It is the 6 in dial version and it has a brass screw lock on the left side.. the whole front swings out to reveal a small German made quartz movement (AA battery). Made in USA otherwise. Does not tick.  Me too... the original is a metal wind-up, super nice but very heavy and expensive. This one fits and works nice for this application. The back is perfectly flat, so it is an easy install with some VHB tape.

@John, after some use I realized it does have a mild tick noise.

• Thanks 2

- Mike

Nashville, TN

2018 Elite II - Spirit of Adventure Hull #308  - Toyota Tundra 

• Moderators

That's beautiful! Nice choice.

Room for a barometer on the other side of the cupboard?

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Wish you folks would quit placing these wonderful Ollie additions on the forum - now I have to purchase this clock.  What a great addition.  Father's Day gift to myself. A recent visitor to my Ollie mentioned the Oliver interior resembles a boat (so, this nautical clock will help to reinforce that reaction).

KWR

2019 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull#444

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That is a very nice clock.

I had the wind up version in a 24 hour, 8 bells format, in my boat.   Having a permanently mounted clock in Ollie, is nice.

Interesting thing about the barometer is that you have to correct for elevation wherever you go.  By the time you look up the barometric pressure and correct it for your altitude, you already know the answer.  And usually, the adjustment is on the back.  Every time you move, it's wrong again.

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

I have to admit it is probably more for looks looks and symmetry, although I do love old world analog devices in the days of high tech. Reading the manual, I got the notion of what you are talking about (it is very easy to get to and adjust though).

I forgot about the fan, @John and @Overlander recommended. Very nice and safe with the kiddo's into everything.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00144A5HE/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_TefmDbHMBVMXP

- Mike

Nashville, TN

2018 Elite II - Spirit of Adventure Hull #308  - Toyota Tundra 

I like mods and I like seeing what others have done, now not that I would want all the mods, but many are of interest to me. As being Trainman on the forum it does say that I Like Trains, but so far I have not installed a train bell, or whistle on the roof of the Oliver, I think the Conductor would have something to say about that. My trailer build number is #489, this just happens to be one of my favorite D&RGW Narrow Gauge engines, so I'm working for a OK of a 3X5 pic to hang on the wall, that's if the Conductor OK's it. So mods are a personal touch for the owner, keep them coming, a standard looking trailer just doesn't say much about you, give it that personal touch.

trainman

• Thanks 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• Moderators

Rideadeuce,the clock and barometer look shipshape! And the little fan is awesome. Practical Sailor has given that model great reviews over many years, for comfort, and longevity. It's quite popular on sailboats. Moves a lot of air without a lot of power, and easy to clean

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.