BAG IT !

mountainborn

• Moderators

A talented friend made our first one. We weren't quite sure that we might ever need it, though it seemed a really clever idea. It would fit away in a small location of our chosing because it was pretty small, compared to the one we use now. Brightly colored and hand made, it might hold eight or ten. Times and habits change, and we change with the times or we get left behind in the dust, or so it seems. The one we have hanging in the closet of our Oliver now, will probably hold thirty if properly compressed. They are becoming commercially available now, not just at crafts fairs or made by a friend. There is no doubt about it, we needed it, and still do, now, more than ever. Somehow our friend saw a trend developing and made hers and ours, just alike. It was a great storage idea for those extremely elusive plastic shopping bags. If not properly recycled into trash bags or other uses, there are ever so many uses for them, they become a blight on our nation's scenery. The slightest breeze sends them aloft to tangle in tree branches to slowly photo degrade.

Tucked discretely away in a seldom used part of our closet our "BAG, BAG" turns out to be a pretty handy and ECO friendly thing.

• Like 1

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Great idea! We bought a little IKEA bag holder years ago that hangs in our garage, but that requires fasteners into the wall.... not something we really want to do in a new TT. We carry several durable shopping bags wherever we go, but somehow, we wind up with plastic bags in abundance anyway. Thanx for the idea!

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Since we are still in "the afraid to drill a hole" phase, we hung our storage bag using an adhesive plastic hook. The storage bag and the bags themselves weigh so little that weight wasn't an issue for the small plastic hook.

02-20-08_0806.jpg

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

Those plastic bag holders are great. Another method of fastening them is the silver or gold 2 " plastic suction hooks. Haven't seen in stores but numerous mail order cats offer them. The hook swivels up, put a little moisture on the suction cup and position on flat smooth surface and swivel hook down. I gave mine to the great couple that bought the Margerita Casita as they liked them. They'll hold about a blue jeans full of change, wallet ,keys etc. with no problem! Gotta' find some more. "Solutions" or Home "Solutions" catalog jogs this old teflon brain for some reason.

Chuck

• Like 1

• Moderators

Hi,

Those awesome little suction hooks are now available in the big box stores. I think we bought the ones for our daughter's dorm room in Wally World last fall... or maybe Target. They work the same way... open it up, pull the hook down, and the suction cup attaches like glue... but no glue.

The one that mystifies me is the variety of hooks at the home depot that claims to hang with no mark. From small picture frames to big, towel size, you positions them, slide a little piece of paper out, and they stick with no suction cup or no hole or mark. And, they're supposedly reuseable/repositionable. Haven't tried one yet. Any experience with those? I'm thinking they might be good for pix and pot holders, etc. in the Oliver.

Sherry

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.