Soon to be newbie

Sandyc

Well this is my first time doing a forum.

We are getting our Elite 2 mid July and I am trying to figure out inside dimensions of the kitchen drawers, overhead cabinets so I can put a dish divider up there and the overhead cabinet between the 2 twin beds.

I am also trying to find out if anyone has used velcro, 3 M hook or the Nano Double sided grip tape.  I want to decorate.

Any ideas??

Anyone have pictures?

Thank you in advance.

Sandy

Welcome Sandy.  Follow this link for a good thread on interior storage ideas.  If you do a search for storage, you'll find other threads as well.  Mike T. also put together a really nice 'Camping for Dummies' presentation for the last rally that contains a ton of good storage ideas.  You can find that here.

You can find all the interior dimensions for your Ollie in the Oliver University section - just click on 'travel trailers' in the menu above, and Ollie U is the last item in the menu.  I think the document you want is titled 'measurement index'.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
Well this is my first time doing a forum.

Well, we're honored to be your first forum. ?

Welcome aboard!

As far as sticking things to the wall, I've used velcro for flashlights, remote contol, and various other items. Works well if items aren't too heavy. Command hooks also a winner, and easily removed when you decide to change location. I also use suction cups for extra towel rings, and racks for melmac dishes, and spices, etc, behind the sink and cooktop.

We'll look forward to seeing your solutions.

I also like IKEA Skubb fabric zipper bottom bins for dividing up areas of the cupboards.

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I have found that between Walmart, Home Depot, and Amazon you should be able to get just about anything you need for camping in our Oliver. I have purchased more from Walmart since we started camping, never cared too much for Walmart, but now I shop there both in person and online, our camping headquarters. I will be shopping for the same things you have purchased, just waiting to pickup our trailer on July 8th and see where were going to hang and Velcro items in the trailer.

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

Thank you for your thoughts.

I am really stressing over quilts or comforters.  All the twin sizes are too big for our Twin beds.  I was thinking about getting a king quilt and cutting it in half and doing a seam.  Has anyone ever done that.  How do you all do your blankets and bedspreads.

Thank you

Sandy

Any one have pictures of decorating ideas???

• Moderators

I wouldn't have any qualms about cutting a king quilt into two bunk spreads. At homegoods, it's much easier to find one king quilt than two twin xls.

Might want to cut the typical length (108 or so) into width, as the usual width (90 or so) is plenty. Bear in mind that the pattern would change, horizontal stripe becomes vertical, etc, but, it would give you a foot to fifteen inches all around on each side for tucking neatly under the mattress.

If the quilt is cotton, I'd wash and dry first to check shrinkage. I lost a couple inches on a quilted covetlet I recently bought for one of my guest rooms.

I'd use quilt tape to finish the raw edges. Most quilts use a self fabric bias tape, so either look for a color that's close, or use white. You'll tuck it into the side, anyway.

I'd use a quilt tape of at least 50/50 poly to avoid shrinkage later.

Long ago, I made a fitted quilt for our sailboat v-berth, using quilt tape for the edges. We still use it. It really wasn't that hard.

Bunk sheets are available on Amazon, Campingworld. Walmart, etc.

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

We pickup our trailer on July 8th, my wife ordered custom sheets to fit from somewhere online which was posted on this forum in another post. We have been looking for bed sets and have not been able to find what we wanted in a twin, so our next step is to cut a king and do what was mentioned here, it should work out just fine per the wife's knowledge of sewing, yes she took Home Economics in high school, it's starting to payoff.

trainman

• Thanks 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• Moderators

I think a lot of people find they like the wider selections in normal sheets, and tuck the extra under.

Fwiw, I buy queen sheets and mattress covers for the oversized full size bed in our Elite. I tuck the extra under the cushion. I did trim the memory foam topper I bought.

This time of the year there's usually a good selection of twins and twin xls in homegoods and the other department stores, as they stock up for back to college days. The rest of the year, I sometimes have difficulty finding something I like for the two twin xls in my downstairs guest room. You could always start with the normal sheets, and order custom if you find they are a hassle. Keep the twins for backup. I carry an extra set of sheets on longer trips.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

We are getting our Elite 2 on Jul 15th.

My husband wants to get the

<h1>Champion 3400-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator with Electric Start</h1>

I would like to put it in the basket, but Oliver said it's not wise.  Then we were thinking of having on our our tailgate while it is running.  It weights 92lbs and we want to be able if we go camping when there are no hookups we can use the generator.  But I can't help lift it and my husband is in great condition but is 76.  How do you all use your generator.  I really want it in the bucket and was hoping there was something we can do so if there was a spark it won't blow up our unit.

Sandy

• Moderators

Did you get the Easystart installed?

You really don't " need" such a big generator, if you did.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

Yes we have an easy start.  We also have solar.

Well we will be going to Arizona and Texas and it will be hot during the summer months.

My husband was concerned about running the air conditioner, microwave and electric.   He wants propane and this one is propane and gas.

Has anyone ever put the the generator in the basket in front of the propane?

We are gong to Arizona the end of August so it will be hots and we will not have hookups.

Thank you for your input.

Sandy

If you look at the review section where trailer life reviewed the Oliver, sitting in the front basket  is a champion 3400 watt generator.  I have the same in duel fuel.  I have just picked up my Ollie on June 26th  I haven’t tried the generator yet,  The concern that most have is carbon monoxide entering the the Ollie. I do know that when the bathroom window is open and the max air fan is on, you get a lot of air flow into the trailer,  this may be why it isn’t recommended to use the generator in the front box.  I plan on putting this to the test.  I’m going to go to the local fire station to see if they will monitor the inside of the trailer with a CO. Monitor while running the generator in the basket with and with out the window open. It should be a good test for any generator used,

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

• Moderators

[postquote quote=179484][/postquote]

We use sheets and mattress pads from AB Lifestyles and are very happy with them.

Sandy, I sent you a PM on the Champion 3400.  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Running a gennie on the front tray while the bath window is open and the Fantastic fan is drawing air in is just asking for trouble IMHO. Don’t EVER run it if the wind is blowing from the gennie toward the trailer. I have run mine when it was tucked under the tongue, but only when there was a stiff wind blowing across it.

Don't mess with CO, even with a working detector.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.