Hull # 472 Is Rolling.

deniwell

<p style="text-align: left;">We spent a hot, humid day with Hunter at Oliver reviewing everything.  We then spent five nights at Davey Crockett State Park testing everything that we could think of.  Everything worked perfectly.  Every time we thought there was a problem, it turned out to be something we were doing wrong.  Except, our bubble has disappeared on the level.  I will call tomorrow to see what if Service has any ideas.</p>

IMG_20190621_222132_957.thumb.jpg.b2bd496d8d0c1e36268c58a6f40d5a94.jpg

Jeff & Denise

• Moderators

I assume that you are talking about the little circular level that is located at the top of the tongue jack.  I don't know what happened to your bubble, but, those levels are really not very good.  Yes, it can get you in the ballpark but since it is spring mounted it can be a fair amount off true level.

I'd recommend a stop at Walmart where you can purchase a set of two little levels for a couple of bucks.  After making sure that your camper is actually level (using at least a 9 inch level - three foot or longer is preferable) mount one on the side of the Ollie (for front to back leveling) and the other somewhere near the front jack (for side to side leveling).  Your days of wondering where the bubble went are over.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Congratulations!  Have you tried adjusting the level to see if the bubble comes back?  The screws around it are to adjust the level, I have to readjust ours every so often. Level the trailer with another level and then adjust to put the bubble in the middle. I use a small level under the seam between the top and bottom hulls around the outside. Good luck!  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Is that the only bubble level that Oliver puts on the trailer in in the tongue jack? I do personally like the levels that stick on the sides of the trailer, I would rather install them myself for accuracy. What make/model do you use for this type of level system?

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• Moderators

Trainman -

Yes, that small circular bubble level is the only one that comes with a new Oliver.

A number of companies make those small stick on levels - Camco is the only one that I can think of off the top of my head -

https://www.amazon.com/Hopkins-8525-08525-Graduated-Level/dp/B000AA4RWM/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=RV+bubble+vevels&qid=1561469319&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spell

But, as I remember, the little ones available at Walmart are cheaper than these and do the job.

Bill

p.s.  I got the ones that are white so that they don't stand out too much.

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I mentioned this some time ago there is a app for your phone ( Bubble level)  it has a bubble level, surface level, gyroscope, plumb line, and a metal detector. Since you alway carry your phone you’ll always have a level for your Ollie,  works great for me. Very accurate.

• Thanks 2

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

Thank you.  I will look into it.  We actually have the Level Mate Pro installed in the closet, but haven't installed the ap that goes with it.  As soon as I have WiFi, I will give that a try and let everyone know how it works.

Jeff & Denise

I really like the Level Mate Pro and iPhone app.  No need to get out of TV, the app lets me know how many inches to get level, and riding up onto the Andersen leveler (banana shaped leveler) until reaching the perfect level.  Very good leveling system, no bubbles needed.

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

KWR

2019 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull#444

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

• Moderators

"Since you always carry your phone"

Really?  Sure must have a long cord in order to reach that far!

Seriously - I do carry a prepaid Tracfone that I only use for emergencies and, yes, I do have that "swiss army knife" app which includes a bubble level.  But, with the little levels stuck on the side of the camper I don't have to be getting out that phone and getting it in the same spot that I use to leveling each time - I simply just look at the level that is already there.  Sometimes simple is actually better.

Bill

• Thanks 2

Yes, my husband Jeff, took it completely off and wiggled it around.  We think all of the fluid drained out.  I saw a replacement (wrong size) in the grocery store here at the campground.  They are dirt cheap.  We will replace with the correct size once we get to a town.  In the meantime we have a Stanley level.

• Like 1

Jeff & Denise

• Moderators

Over the past 11 years, our jack bubble has mysteriously disappeared a few times, and reappeared later. Gremlins? Temperature change? Altitude change? Not sure. It's also never been totally accurate.

I keep a little pocket level velcroed just inside the door.

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 2 weeks later...

Mount a large level on the hull above the doghouse, so you can see it from the drivers seat, it saves a lot of time when positioning since on lumpy ground you can sometimes shift the rig a few inches to center it perfectly. Sometimes you can only get close....  http://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/how-to-install-a-big-bubble-level-no-drilling/

Enjoy your trailer.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• 11 months later...
On 6/26/2019 at 1:56 AM, deniwell said:

Yep, we have a small Stanley. Maybe the longer yardstick style is more accurate, but it seems to work well enough.  The fridge is running since we moved to a new site the next morning.

Don't have an Oliver (yet) but on our motor home I place a small Stanley level on a horizontal surface of the fridge, since the fridge is the biggest concern in leveling.  This works great in a motor home, since I can communicate with the driver while observing the level.  Wouldn't work well with a trailer.

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators

In a pinch, if the bubble level is out of whack, and you don't have another level nearby,  a half full water bottle (clear or translucent, not stainless), can work as a crude level, laid on its side. 

If you can get the tongue "close", you can fix it with boards under the tires and the Jacks. 

Most of us feel uncomfortable inside the trailer if it is out of level by more than a few degrees. If you're comfortable,  it's likely that your fridge is ok, too. 

Sherry

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I start out using two cheap bubble levels that I have near the front jack. To fine tune, I just use the bathroom door as a guide. If it doesn’t swing open or shut, then the trailer is level enough for me. 

Edited by Overland
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2