New Ford F250/350 Tremor

Overland

Neat, the more choices for offroady trucks, the better. The aftermarket for lifts, tires, bumpers, etc is simply enormous but the quality is sometimes dubious and the support may be nil. Builders come and go without warning. It makes sense for the manufacturers to offer a very high quality tuned option that you can roll into your monthly payments. Plus it will have a warranty and spare parts through your nearest dealer.

I would be interested in the big gas motor. The Power Stroke will always be a heavy tank off pavement. A 7.3 gas engine tuned for low and midrange torque should be satisfying.

The Power Wagon specs are still lots better, with additional skid-plates, front sway bar disconnect, 2 fully lockable diffs, coil rear springs and that incredible 5 link front suspension. And the standard winch and bumper. But most buyers probably won’t care about those features and Ford knows it. The Ford package is a lot cheaper and you can get it with many trim levels.

Is it a PW beater? Nope.

Thanks for posting.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• 2 weeks later...

I test drove the Ram 2500 (non-power wagon as the PW on the lot had 13xxlbs payload).  I was surprised by how well it rode compared to an F250.  I looked underneath and saw that even the non-PW (with 2900lbs payload well optioned) gets the 5-link coil suspension.  Is the tremor still on leafs but just raised? The F250 drove more like the ram 3500 srw with air than the 2500.

Between Olivers…