Polarsteps Travel Tracker

ShallowGal

Great app for your family & friends to see where you've been & where you are!

From their website: Once connected to the internet, your travel routes, locations and photos are seamlessly transferred to your personal traveler profile, where your route is plotted on a colourful world map that can easily be shared with friends and family.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.polarsteps

20190628_231042.thumb.jpg.edcb1854a3352f0e04910e13daa25bf4.jpg

• Thanks 1
Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292
2022 F-250 Lariat 7.3 Godzilla 4x4 Lakeland,FL

• Moderators

Cool!  Krunch and I have been wondering how far along the route you all have made it.

Stay safe and keep us posted.

Mike

• Thanks 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

Neat, it is also available for IOS.

I downloaded it but decided not to use it. It won’t operate unless Location Access is set to Always, which I do not like. It uses about 4% of your battery life in 24 hrs which is OK but I don’t want it tracking without the App open.

Does it upload full sized images or does it reduce the file size?

Do you have full authority so it doesn’t start uploading stuff when you are connected to a slow Wifi server?

You can order an actual printed travel album from them at a reduced cost (10 Euros off) but I wonder what the actual cost is. That would make a nice gift ... maybe .... the only relatives that like looking at travel pics are your spouse and maybe a housebound grandparent. The kids don’t care. LOL.

Thanks for posting.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

All great questions & concerns John. Full size photos are downloaded when you have stable wifi, battery usage LLP pwhich correlates to location accuracy is adjustable, & the location access can easily be turned on/off. I haven't delved into the photo book because I've always used Walgreens for those.

Mike, when we leave the Badlands, we're heading to Montana to track down Top Gun for fly-fishing lessons.

Chris

• Thanks 1
Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292
2022 F-250 Lariat 7.3 Godzilla 4x4 Lakeland,FL

[postquote quote=178722][/postquote]

Thanks. on my iPhone it would not let me select anything but "Always".

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

Moss don't grow on these tires.  Already in Montana - staying in a very nice commercial campground tonight within site of Custers LAST moments on earth.  Will be fishing tomorrow afternoon.

Hope Duke, Chris and the pups find me.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"