Another Chapter

Renegade

July 18th is the official day Joy and I will take possession of our new Oliver, #501, and hopefully become contributing members of this impressive group of owners.

To give you a little background on ourselves, we purchased an Airstream 28 in 2011 which served us well as our vacation home on many wonderful trips. We are not at all opposed to dry camping, but we primarily stay in State and Federal campgrounds.

The Oliver first caught our eye two years ago. We paid special attention to the ones we saw in campgrounds and we began reading what we could about them. The intensity built and one Friday in April we arranged to see an Oliver in person. We were so impressed with the quality, livability and the apparent nimbleness that we were on the phone with Rodney Lomax the following Monday. We digested what we learned from Rodney and the next morning the order was placed.

Our maiden voyage will be about 2 1/2 months. The furthest destination will be Door County, WI, then drift SW to Bentonville, AR, meandering to the SE and then back to SW Florida by mid-September. It is important for us to get back to help FSU football get out of their slump.

Once our curiosity turned to genuine interest, we have been following the impressive posts on the forum. We would like to thank each and every one of you for providing your input to the concerns of others you have yet to meet. Even though we have a certain amount of experience, we have found your input to be very informative - thank you.

We will be on the road in a couple of weeks and rather than just admiring your Oliver, we may stop by to say hello.

John and Joy

• Thanks 6

Renegade - the FSU mascot.  Growing up in a small town west of Tallahassee and graduating from FSU many, many years ago, I can appreciate your concerns with FSU football program.  But, we did have a fun ride with Mike Martin recently.  I look forward to hearing comparisons Airstream to Oliver - I almost went Airstream but the Oliver was my overwhelming choice - we acquired Hull #444 in April 2019.  Actually selected garnet and gold (somewhat) as our stripe colors (my wife is an AL fan, so we are proud of that program too).  Welcome to the Oliver community.

Entrance.thumb.jpg.cbfb96e1ede66272b8d2930efbf56f39.jpg

KWR

2019 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull#444

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

• Moderators

Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing photos of #501.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Welcome, lots of pics are always appreciated.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

KWRJRPE, It is always good to hear from a Nole. Joy and I got our start at FSU , and like you, it was a while ago! We were there during the Bill Peterson days so we have seen our ups and downs. Our graphics will also be Garnet and Gold. Hopefully our combination will look as good as yours. Oliver has certainly been working overtime with 57 new Olivers since April. Very impressive!  Thank you for your response and hopefully our paths will cross on the road.  J&J