Going Camping! But Shower Mats and Cutting Board production starts in two weeks

Foy_Mirna

IMG_20180716_125919.thumb.jpg.3e260d3bb35c7851585ec45cdddec43c.jpg Cutting-Board.thumb.jpg.22fa5e50676b6065478092ae698fafaf.jpg

Can I craft you a shower mat or cutting board for your Oliver. Treat your feet and add an impressive upgrade to your Oliver shower. Add more working counter space to your kitchen.

Boat builders count on Mahogany & Teak for their ability to stand up to water and the elements. My shower mats and cutting boards are made from sustainable Honduras Mahogany.

Shower mats - $199 plus USPS 2/3 day shipping to your address.

Shower mats are a half lap design inspired by old ship grates. I use brass screw instead of glue for a lifetime of service. There are 28 real rubber feet on the bottom to provide a sure grip and allow water to flow to the drain.

Cutting boards - $89 plus USPS 2/3 shipping to your address

My cutting boards are made from mahogany & maple and are design to stay in place while your trailer is moving. They provide extra counter space, and be used on both side and double as a serving board.

Message me or send me an email at 48ocean@gmail.com

IMG_1037.thumb.jpg.a0f77d794165d1a228464d6d8e47918d.jpg

IMG_20180722_122545.thumb.jpg.b5ddd9d8cd168e8fcbca187189a0d86e.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Onward,
Foy and Mirna 

Roamy Mc Roadhouse
2017 Legacy Elite II, Twin Bed
Hull #227
2021 RAM 1500 Limited

Having purchased both, I simply cannot imagine showering without this finely crafted shower mat - I highly recommend it.  And the sink cover/cutting board really adds counter space and classes up the kitchen.   Super nice additions.

• Thanks 1

KWR

2019 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull#444

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

[postquote quote=180681][/postquote]

Truly warms my heart to have to talk about my craft in such a kind way. Thank you.

Onward,
Foy and Mirna 

Roamy Mc Roadhouse
Hull #227
2021 RAM 1500 Limited

[postquote quote=181083][/postquote]

I make cutting boards for 3 different sinks that Oliver has used over the years. Just tell me your model, year and hull number.

Onward,
Foy and Mirna 

Roamy Mc Roadhouse
Hull #227
2021 RAM 1500 Limited

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

+1 on the quality of Foy's work.  Both items make the Oliver's interior look even richer.

As a side note, my wife and I tend to shower before going to bed.  We place the shower mat outside the shower and replace it when we're done.  This prevents either of us risking wet feet when we get up during the night to use the bathroom.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Big Texas – 2018 Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #306

2015 RAM 1500 3L EcoDiesel, Anderson hitch

Question for those who have used the shower mat:

My husband is 6'2".  What is the headroom in the shower with the mat in place?

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators

If we had one of foy's lovely mats, I'd do as BigTexas. Put it outside for showers, inside for daily use. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Susan - 

Assuming that your husband doesn't like bending over or tilting his head (a bunch) while he showers then I'd say he is in trouble with or without Foy's shower mat.  Perhaps it is a bit silly of me but I simply can't "stand" to be bent in any direction while I shower.  In fact, one of the reasons I initially looked at the Oliver was because I could stand up straight in the shower.  Yes, at 6'0" I have to make sure that I don't stand too close to the sink, but, that is fairly easy.

Before Foy started making his works of art I thought that I'd make a nice mat that was custom fitted to the shape of the shower floor.  I got to work in my shop that winter, measured, measured again, cut templates, measured again and finally got what I wanted.  I searched Amazon for little "feet" that would now mar the floor and would not rust and, like Foy has done, mounted a bunch of them to the bottom.  Then came the day I put it in the shower - soooo proud I was of my work - and then I stood on it with my head firmly against the Ollies ceiling!  The next day I gave that mat away.

Since I didn't like the way the floor felt under my bare feet during those middle of the night bathroom "runs", I decided to look for a "rug" type mat that I could use when not showering and be able to place it just outside the shower to catch drips from the shower door when first opened after showering.  The best one I found was at Camping World.  While not a custom fit - it comes close:

https://www.campingworld.com/idry-bath-mat---pewter-71553.html

Finally, I wound up buying two of these - yes, sometimes I forget to open that bath back-flow preventer valve - so that I can dry one or clean one while still having one to use.  These are certainly not as attractive as Foy's but ....

Bill

p.s.  Foy surely can't stand straight up in the shower either since he's taller than I am.  But, his wonderful wife has no problem at all in that regard.

Edited by topgun2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators
1 hour ago, topgun2 said:

Since I didn't like the way the floor felt under my bare feet during those middle of the night bathroom "runs", I decided to look for a "rug" type mat that I could use when not showering and be able to place it just outside the shower to catch drips from the shower door when first opened after showering. 

We do what Bill does.  Rug on the bathroom floor until we shower then it goes just outside the door.

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

We have shower rugs from our van - one from the lavatory and one we used outside the shower( which was separate from the lavatory) when we showered.  They will be added to our Ollie gear.  One less thing to buy 😁

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/9/2019 at 12:30 PM, Foy_Mirna said:

IMG_20180716_125919.thumb.jpg.3e260d3bb35c7851585ec45cdddec43c.jpg Cutting-Board.thumb.jpg.22fa5e50676b6065478092ae698fafaf.jpg

Can I craft you a shower mat or cutting board for your Oliver. Treat your feet and add an impressive upgrade to your Oliver shower. Add more working counter space to your kitchen.

Boat builders count on Mahogany & Teak for their ability to stand up to water and the elements. My shower mats and cutting boards are made from sustainable Honduras Mahogany.

Shower mats - $199 plus USPS 2/3 day shipping to your address.

Shower mats are a half lap design inspired by old ship grates. I use brass screw instead of glue for a lifetime of service. There are 28 real rubber feet on the bottom to provide a sure grip and allow water to flow to the drain.

Cutting boards - $89 plus USPS 2/3 shipping to your address

My cutting boards are made from mahogany & maple and are design to stay in place while your trailer is moving. They provide extra counter space, and be used on both side and double as a serving board.

Message me or send me an email at 48ocean@gmail.com

IMG_1037.thumb.jpg.a0f77d794165d1a228464d6d8e47918d.jpg

IMG_20180722_122545.thumb.jpg.b5ddd9d8cd168e8fcbca187189a0d86e.jpg

Hello. My name is Pam. I live in CA and I would like to get a quote on shower mate to fit the indentation in the floor. We have a 2017 Oliver Elite II.

My zip code is 91737.

Thank you.

On 9/30/2020 at 1:30 PM, Pamela Champion said:

Hello. My name is Pam. I live in CA and I would like to get a quote on shower mate to fit the indentation in the floor. We have a 2017 Oliver Elite II.

My zip code is 91737.

Thank you.

Hello Pam,  Nice to e-meet you. It would be my pleasure to craft you a Shower Mat for your Oliver.  I charge $199 plus UPS shipping.  Estimate shipping would be $32.  If you would like me to add you to my production list just send me an email to 48ocean@gmai.com.  Include your shipping address and hull number.  I take check and PayPal for payment.  No need for payment until after you see my craft.

Onward,

Foy

Onward,
Foy and Mirna 

Roamy Mc Roadhouse
Hull #227
2021 RAM 1500 Limited