Hello from Utah!

WineGal

Hello!

My husband, Travis, and I are purchasing Raspy's Oliver (hi, Raspy!). It is safe to say that I am SO excited to own an Oliver. Travis and I looked at every type of RV, and were disappointed in every one until we found Oliver.

I am in the Army (I have been in for 15+ years), and Travis is an amazing auto body technician. We would like to find telework jobs in a few years so we can use our Oliver more, but for now we'll take short, less frequent trips.

We named our Oliver "Opus" long before we were able to purchase a trailer. Opus is named after our favorite wine, Opus One. One of our first long trips will be to Napa to visit Opus in Opus. ?

For now, I will only ask one of my 4,267 questions. Has anyone added the reading lights on their own? We want them, and I can't find a forum thread about it. I did, however, find one that identifies the correct light.

Thank you all. I look forward to meeting you someday.

- Monica

Screenshot_20190627-2023262.thumb.png.9a0ecdbd956918f6cd86983bf24d5659.png

• Thanks 2

Wine Gal, Monica

"Opus" - lovingly named after our favorite wine, Opus One. Hull 92.

• Moderators

Hi, Monica, and welcome to the Oliver gang.

We've not added reading lights but we did add an led light in my microwave cabinet. Paul picked up on another lighting wire, and drilled through the bottom of the cabinet above. Only took a half hour or so.

I'm sure someone here has added reading lamps, and will chime in.

Congratulations! Hope you have a lot of happy adventures in your Oliver, as we have.

And, thank you for your service!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Hi Monica.

Looks like you are off to a good start, and now you only have 4,266 questions left!  That won't take long.

I'm bringing you one of the reading lights, so you'll have at least one and can match it with an order from Oliver to get the second one.  There is power available in the cabinets above where the lights are normally mounted.  It should be an easy installation.  For now though, look at the pix I sent and see the LED reading light mounted on the port side against the pantry.

We'll see you in Salt Lake next month!  Ollie is all charged up and standing by.  He is facing out the driveway like he has some place to go.  Hmmm.

I hope you add a logo, as many of us have, and as I did of our coyote, "Sandy", howling at the moon.  These vinyl decals can be had from ebay based on your personal design.  Opus.  Good name!

Keep posting pix of your adventures and we'll see you out on the trail.

John

• Thanks 1

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

Hi Monica! Welcome to the Forum!

I think this is the reading light, from Amazon.

Screen-Shot-2019-07-10-at-2_33.35-PM.thumb.png.d2519ee2cfea35ddfa8ab78d92f78b1e.png

The picture below left is from Amazon, and the one on the right is from elsewhere on the web. I think you need to drill a hole in the fiberglass for the wires, and attach the bracket (2. Fix Bracket onto surface) from below. Then attach the lamp to the bracket with the hex key..

You would then need to connect the wires into the 12V system in the wiring harness, which is at the back of the overhead compartments.

Lamp.jpeg.b801c9374acab12b7dd365ae55e1def3.jpeg

• Thanks 2

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

Welcome..... I think Opus is a simply wonderful name. I don’t know exactly how copyright works for a commonly distributed cartoon character, but there are some great logos waiting for the front of your Ollie....

99A5C6EF-893E-4564-81BE-63DBA36D45FE.jpeg.cbd46271046c3d32e51c211b6384dca2.jpeg

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

Hey Monica!  Glad John found enthusiastic buyers for his trailer - welcome to the family. I’m retired Army.

Maybe you could work a deal with Mondavi to use their Opus One logo on the front of your trailer!  What a conversation starter!  We were at Opus One 3 years ago, did a cellar tour and tasting.  We were in Napa earlier this year but did some of the wineries we haven’t visited.  We’ll have to talk wine over a glass of Opus or Overture, also very good.  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Hey Monica!  Glad John found enthusiastic buyers for his trailer - welcome to the family. I’m retired Army.

Maybe you could work a deal with Mondavi to use their Opus One logo on the front of your trailer!  What a conversation starter!  We were at Opus One 3 years ago, did a cellar tour and tasting.  We were in Napa earlier this year but did some of the wineries we haven’t visited.  We’ll have to talk wine over a glass of Opus or Overture, also very good.  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Thank you all for the warm invite and recommendations. It's a really great thing you having going here. I doubt many other companies have such dedicated and caring clientele.

Mike, I will gladly talk wine anytime! And I may contact Opus One with your idea. I'm sure they would find it interesting and a little hilarious.

- Monica

Wine Gal, Monica

"Opus" - lovingly named after our favorite wine, Opus One. Hull 92.