2019 Ram 1500 Mileage

Trainman

Just got our new Oliver #489, we traveled from Ft. Worth, Texas to Hohenwald and got 22.8 MPG without the trailer on our new Ram 1500 4X4. With the trailer in tow we got around 12.5 to 13.2 MPG. I sure didn't expect to get 22.8 MPG as the sticker on the vehicle said, 21.0 highway. The truck specs are listed below, I was traveling between 65-70 MPH. Just to let you know the 5.7 Hemi pulls like the trailer was not there and the 8 speed trans works great, I also was in Tow Mode when pulling the trailer.

trainman

• Thanks 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

Those are very good numbers, but if you do any mods like larger tires or a roof rack, expect them to plummet. If you tow in the up and down states like Idaho, they will be lower. (; Your trip home was essentially near sea level and dead flat....

04AE21FD-9D51-4435-88F3-B1DB61AC3BAC.jpeg.f25e8aef77bbf1fba716a0819ddf82a3.jpeg

How many gears are available in Tow Mode? Six? I would be interested in seeing the numbers for a long trip out west.

BTW my Land Cruiser gets 10-12 mpgs towing around the NW. Low single digits struggling up the 12% grades...

Thanks.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators
How many gears are available in Tow Mode? Six? I would be interested in seeing the numbers for a long trip out west.

I have the same truck only a 2016. From what I can tell all 8 gears are available in tow/haul mode. I base this on RPMs at various speeds.  Cruising at 65mph with or without the trailer results in the same RPM. My non-towing mileage is not as good, averaging a little over 19mpg.  Towing mileage varies depending on terrain and conditions. Driving west on I-10 in west Texas I once got 9mpg at 60mph while battling a strong headwind. Another time on the same stretch of I-10 I got 16mpg at 70mph with a similar strength tail wind. I have about 76,000 miles on the odometer. Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Just got our new Oliver #489, we traveled from Ft. Worth, Texas to Hohenwald and got 22.8 MPG without the trailer on our new Ram 1500 4X4. With the trailer in tow we got around 12.5 to 13.2 MPG. I sure didn’t expect to get 22.8 MPG as the sticker on the vehicle said, 21.0 highway. The truck specs are listed below, I was traveling between 65-70 MPH. Just to let you know the 5.7 Hemi pulls like the trailer was not there and the 8 speed trans works great, I also was in Tow Mode when pulling the trailer.

Would you mind telling us the price range of a new RAM 1500 4x4 w/ 5.7 Hemi?  Is that something Oliver owners would suggest for simply pulling an Oliver all around the country for the next 10 years and really nothing else?  I suppose one should budget an additional 70k for new Oliver on top of the price of the truck.  Any other top dollar items involved in the initial purchase?

Thx

If you ever see me, simply pretend I am not there.

Would you mind telling us the price range of a new RAM 1500 4×4 w/ 5.7 Hemi? Is that something Oliver owners would suggest for simply pulling an Oliver all around the country for the next 10 years and really nothing else? I suppose one should budget an additional 70k for new Oliver on top of the price of the truck. Any other top dollar items involved in the initial purchase?

This really deserves a new thread, Ram MSRP prices can be found at any dealer website. This one posts the lowest internet pricing in the USA. Most of his customers fly in and drive away.

https://www.dennisdillonchryslerjeepdodge.com/?fca_campaign=Locations_a&fca_digadprov=dealerinspire&fca_channel=Search&fca_campaign_type=google&fca_agid=rambr_nodlr_local_Boiseram&fca_digadcid=1843332605&fca_adid=346288492966&fca_keyword=ram%20dealer%20boise&fca_mm=where&&gclid=CjwKCAjw67XpBRBqEiwA5RCocSfI_7ExNds_musLsBQPHBKJjja7Y525ZM9z33J_eP31YZrEyKqMsxoC_scQAvD_BwE

If you want a truck that you can drive for ten years, get a Toyota Tundra or Land Cruiser. Any modern diesel truck (post 2007) or any other gas brands with tons of electronic doodads like active aero shutters and exotic suspension designs are going to be money pits over the long term, when out of warranty. Simpler is better. High quality is best. How many miles are you expecting to drive, annually?

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Would you mind telling us the price range of a new RAM 1500 4×4 w/ 5.7 Hemi? Is that something Oliver owners would suggest for simply pulling an Oliver all around the country for the next 10 years and really nothing else? I suppose one should budget an additional 70k for new Oliver on top of the price of the truck. Any other top dollar items involved in the initial purchase?

Simpler is better. High quality is best. How many miles are you expecting to drive, annually?

Maybe 1500-2000 miles total during 6 mths of <winter> season and maybe 5-8k pulling trailer in <summer> type mths (May -> Oct/Nov.  I plan on staying 6 mths per yr parked on my own lot in AZ, hardly ever driving the truck.

If you ever see me, simply pretend I am not there.

If you want a truck that you can drive for ten years, get a Toyota Tundra or Land Cruiser. Any modern diesel truck (post 2007) or any other gas brands with tons of electronic doodads like active aero shutters and exotic suspension designs are going to be money pits over the long term, when out of warranty. Simpler is better. High quality is best. How many miles are you expecting to drive, annually?

I think these days any modern truck is going to be good for ten years or more.

• Thanks 1

My new Ram 1500 with the options listed below listed for $51,000. It is the base Bighorn model with the Lone Star Package with is a whole list of options and feature which makes it a very nicely equipped truck, (due note here this truck is only sold in Texas and can only be sold by Texas Ram dealers.).  The truck had a $11,000 discount off of list, so as you can see this could be purchase for around $40,000 plus TT&L. I'm totally pleased with this vehicle, rides, drives, and handle the Oliver with little effort, plus is super quite on the inside on the road. It easy to spend another $10,000 on a new Ram, just jump up a model or two and you will be a $50,000 plus right quick,  but for us it was all we needed and I got a very nicely equipped vehicle.

trainman

DSCN3675.thumb.jpg.1ac98390142fdc3602f22917b906fb0b.jpg

DSCN3674.thumb.jpg.6dc4b449f80dbd9b5638e55bbb30f062.jpg

DSCN3671.thumb.jpg.8bc4b0dc95def7de7b65f2ad337aa969.jpg

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

I have a 2015 Ecodiesel (3.0 liter) with the 8 speed tranny. Get up to 28 mpg on long haul highway without towing and about 16 when towing the Oliver.  I use tow/haul mode. Just had the engine and tranny software re-flashed for the ecodiesel settlement and think I may have dropped a mpg when towing.   Ecodiesels are fairly rare compared to the hemis, but it does pull the Oliver beautifully.

Garry and Kristi

Apex, NC

2018 Oliver Elite II Hull 372

TV 2015 Ram 1500 3.0 L EcoDiesel

image.jpeg.aed3a6aa6cd2b2679a4845e1ea98a981.jpeg