OFF ROAD CAMPING CLUB

mountainborn

• Moderators

A short time ago I read, over on the Casita Club Forums, about the ORCC. Went over to their Forums, joined up, and began to read. I liked what I read and how they seemed to do things. I made a few posts, you know, my usual rednecky kind o' things. I recieved a warm welcome and began to feel welcome right away.

It is a really good forum that is well maintained and is easy to read. Here is a link to it:

They are having a Outdoors Skills Village as part of Pass Pro Outdoors Festival.

Here is a paste from the ORCC forums:

>

Bass Pro and Springfield Parks Dept. will be setting up a campground for all ORCC members. The campground will be at the Springfield Lake Park. The park is right on the St. James River. Here are a few photo's of the park we will be using for this event. The Springfield Lake Park is normally only used for day use, but Bass Pro and the Springfield Parks Dept. is opening it for the entire weekend for all our members. The Bass Pro & ORCC Skills Village is with in walking distance of the camping area, the Skills Village will be held next to the Lake Boat House. Remember all ORCC members camp for FREE, how great is that!

>

Betty and I wanted to attend, but were having trouble scheduling days off to get it done. Finaly, today, we got it done, we will be going !

>

Any one else that might be intrested ?

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Current list of those attending the Bass Pro Springfield Lake Outdoors skills Village:

Members Names No.

Youandi Alan & Chris 2

Outdoorxman Phil 1

Palleterra Jeff & Glenda 2

Keith Keith & Sue 2

Phonner Dave & Angela 2

MTPockets Kevin 2

Jeepin Rick & Kathy 2

Buffalobob Robert & Claudia 2

Mountainborn Larry & Betty 2

Colin Colin 1

>

Should you be in the area, be sure to drop by and roast a marshmallow with us !

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Sounds like fun, Mountainborn. However, we're in North Carolina, playing in the snow!!! Yep, first snow of the season started about 1 this morning. More on that later!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

ORCC & Bass Pro

Outdoor Fall Festival & Campout

INFORMATION:

CAMPING: Lake Springfield Park

FEE: FREE the weekend of October 31st. - November 2nd.

LOCATION: Campground entrance is directly across from the Boat House.

CAMPSITES: Anywhere you like, there are no designated campsites. Please pull your camper in the location you choose, after you pick a site un-hook your camper/tent and pull your tow vehicle to the side of the grass area.

HOOK-UPS: There are a few 110Volt Outlets available near the pavilion, you will need an extension cord to reach your camper/tent. Water is available from centrally located hydrant. Restrooms will be available at the boat house & Portable units in camp area.

GATE ENTRANCE: There is a electronic gate at the park entrance, a code will be needed to enter the park after dusk.

NOTE: Gate Code if needed please call (314) 852-5101

SKILLS VILLAGE: November 1st. - 9:00AM - 3:30PM

LOCATION: In front of the Boat House, 2312 East Lake Springfield Park Road

DISPLAYS:

CAMPING GEAR: Hiking, Backpacking, Canoe/Kayak

CAMPING STYLE: Tent, Car, Camper

CAMPING THEME: How To Camp And Camp Safely

CONTACTS:

ORCC/Alan & Christine Young - (314) 852-5101

Springfield Park Fclts. Sprvsr./David Riggs - (417) 353-2527

Springfield Park Rec. Sprvsr./Melvin Johnson - (417) 353-7341

Springfield Boat House - (417) 891-1550

DIRECTIONS:

MO. HWY 65 - Take the Evans road exit - Go west - Turn right onto (#188) E. Farm Road (Note: Evans road runs into E. Farm Road) - (Follow E. Farm Road for a while) Turn right onto S. Kissick Ave. (Note: E. Farm Road just kind of flows into Kissick to the right) Follow S. Kissick Ave. (Note: You will pass a Power Plant on your left and you will cross over the James River) Start watching on your right for the park entrance (Lake Springfield Park Road) Make a right through the entrance and follow the road approx. couple of miles, you will see the Boat House on your right and the entrance to the Camp Area on your left through two cyclone fence gates. Below A Web-link showing the Boat House and pictures of the par area.

Click Here: Springfield Lake Park - http://www.parkboard.org/info/city_park ... d_park.htm

Click Here: Slide Show Camping Area - http://outdoors.webshots.com/

• Moderators

Post Event Update:

We joined the forums and club, went to the Bass Pro Event in Springfield Missouri and had a great time ! It was a fine experience to be able to place faces with the names on the forums. We met and made some Great friends.

The Springfield Cardinal mascot was there and having a ball with everything and everybody. I even saw him on the rock climbing wall ! In this photo we are making up, with one of those i'm cool, youre' cool handshakes, after a big mock fight amongst the event displays. Photo by JEEPIN' of the ORCC forums:

IMGP3298.jpg

• Moderators

Finaly the unruly Bird had enough ! With a mighty "look, a rainbow !" He distracted me long enough to dissappear among the ORCC tent displays: Photo by JEEPIN' of ORCC forums

IMGP3300.jpg

• Moderators

Looks like everybody had a great time, Larry! Especially the mascot... Plumb wore him out!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators

While cruising through some old files, I located some more photos from the Bass Pro shops Outdoors Skills Village:

Here is BuffaloBob's Ollie beside ours, camped in Springfield park.

100_0385.jpg

• Moderators

The Oliver Display/Open House is set up: ( you won't believe how many times we showed that Ollie on that day ! ) Note that the sun is just now beginning to come up !

100_0389.jpg

• Moderators

It was quite the busy day and later in the day I was begining to hunt up that chair more and more often ! Notice the very agressive hat on backwards ! This may have been taken right after the battle with that atrocious Cardinals Mascot !

100_0397.jpg

• Moderators

With the arrival of the Cardinals Mascot Louie, BuffaloBob and mountainborn already on the scene, the stage was set for mayhem !

Louie has just wandered up to the Oliver display and information table, and doesn't realize that he is about to get led off into deep water by mountainborn & BuffaloBob !

100_0398.jpg

• Moderators

All are up early on the morning of the Bass pro shops Skills Village. As the first rays of sunshine arrive, breakfast is well under way. Within the hour we are busy setting up displays, ect., it was the start of a long, fun day !

100_0405.jpg