Does the 2019 Elite II come with Dexter EZ Lube Axles

Landrover, I think you misunderstand the term. I think you are thinking of the Torflez rubber axle..... An EZ Lube axle has zerk fitting on the end of the spindle, under a cover. You inject grease onto the hollow spindle and it flows out into the bearings.

I am not aware of it being used on Ollies. It is certainly useful on a boat trailer without brakes that gets submerged often. It isn't a great choice for a trailer with drum brakes since you can blow out the rear seal and contaminate the brakes with grease. It's OK for disk brakes since any rear seal leakage will be obvious and won't - hopefully - get all over the brake pads.

I think an Oliver disk brake upgrade with EZ-Lube axles would be a good thing....

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Landrover, I think you misunderstand the term. I think you are thinking of the Torflez rubber axle….. An EZ Lube axle has zerk fitting on the end of the spindle, under a cover. You inject grease onto the hollow spindle and it flows out into the bearings.

I am not aware of it being used on Ollies. It is certainly useful on a boat trailer without brakes that gets submerged often. It isn’t a great choice for a trailer with drum brakes since you can blow out the rear seal and contaminate the brakes with grease. It’s OK for disk brakes since any rear seal leakage will be obvious and won’t – hopefully – get all over the brake pads.

I think an Oliver disk brake upgrade with EZ-Lube axles would be a good thing….

John Davies

Spokane WA

I meant just as you just described. Not as good as you have shown, nice picture. others are called bearing buddy’s and your right not on the Ollie. Although they aren’t  better than hand packing, a lot of times grease doesn’t make it to the rear bearing or it gets overfilled and and the rear seal goes bad.

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

Landrover,

Bearing Buddies are not the same as EZ Lube. Bearing buddies add grease out near the hub cap area, in a spring loaded chamber that has a zerk on it, to raise the pressure in the hub.  This is so water will not intrude during immersion with boat trailers.  It is not for lubing the bearings, just to raise the hub pressure and keep water out.

EZLube is a special spindle with drilled passages that adds grease between the rear bearing and the rear seal.  This forces old grease out of the rear bearing and out through the outer bearing, lubing both bearings in the process.   This is done with the dust cap removed.  Then excess grease is wiped off and the cap replaced.

It's debatable whether EZ Lube is a good idea or not.

• Thanks 1

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

Landrover,

Bearing Buddies are not the same as EZ Lube. Bearing buddies add grease out near the hub cap area, in a spring loaded chamber that has a zerk on it, to raise the pressure in the hub. This is so water will not intrude during immersion with boat trailers. It is not for lubing the bearings, just to raise the hub pressure and keep water out.

EZLube is a special spindle with drilled passages that adds grease between the rear bearing and the rear seal. This forces old grease out of the rear bearing and out through the outer bearing, lubing both bearings in the process. This is done with the dust cap removed. Then excess grease is wiped off and the cap replaced.

It’s debatable whether EZ Lube is a good idea or not.

Thanks for the explanation. I thought they worked on the same principle.

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎