Weigh distribution hitch

Landrover

I thought I’d start a new post didn’t want to interfere with John Davies post on bull dog coupler change.

It doesn’t seem like the Anderson hitch is all it’s cracked up to be? I’m seeing that most have had some sort of issue with it. Has anyone looked at the Equalizer 4point hitch. It appears to have the same mounting bracket as the Anderson same location. The bracket would be below the fiberglass. The hitch uses flat bars no chains easy to connect. This would be my alt. To the Anderson.  Has anyone considered something different?

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

• Moderators

My only issue with the Andersen was a few months of groaning in wet weather during slow turns. It’s been a couple of years with the new sleeve and no issues since. I think it’s a pretty good fit for my Oliver. Mike

• Thanks 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

I tried every way to not get the Anderson, but the forum people convinced me it was a good hitch and so I went with it, now that I have it, I like it and would recommend it, I guess I should say, they were right.

trainman

• Thanks 2

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• Moderators
I thought I’d start a new post didn’t want to interfere with John Davies post on bull dog coupler change.

It doesn’t seem like the Anderson hitch is all it’s cracked up to be? I’m seeing that most have had some sort of issue with it. Has anyone looked at the Equalizer 4point hitch. It appears to have the same mounting bracket as the Anderson same location. The bracket would be below the fiberglass. The hitch uses flat bars no chains easy to connect. This would be my alt. To the Anderson. Has anyone considered something different?

Maybe this post will answer your questions about the Andersen WD hitch.

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/hooking-up-and-unhooking-the-anderson/#post-181476

Mike

• Thanks 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators

I've had both the Equalizer and (presently) the Andersen.  Hands down the Andersen is the better system.  Both re-distribute weight and both provide a measure of sway control - not that this feature is really needed with the Oliver.  My Andersen is absolutely silent versus the Equalizer that simply can not be made to be silent without putting grease on the bars which basically defeats the anti-sway function.  The Andersen (via those red bushings) provides some "shock absorbsion" or dampening where the Equalizer actually adds to this problem given the design of the "spring" bars. Finally, the Andersen (in my opinion) looks way cooler and (once you figure it out or really pay attention to the youtube vids) the Andersen is easier to use.  I have alsolutely no regrets with the Andersen.While I never tried to fit the Equalizer on the Oliver, I've always been told that t would not work without some modification of the fiberglass.

Bill

• Thanks 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"